Opinions welcome on my purchase

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #1  

Spev

Greeting from Northern Illinois-

I am in the process of purchasing a Kubota B2910. After 20 years service in the U.S. Army, I retired 2 years ago and have had a this dream of settling down (after being deployed to 3 conflicts and several forts). I saw alot of Kubota's in in fields when I was stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina for over 16 years. Perhaps that is why I lean toward the "orange" tractor. I have a dealer 4 miles from my 10 acres near Durand, IL.

I need the tractor to work with a Woods 5' finish mower on 3 acres with a multitude of trees, I need to bush hog 7 acres of pasture, I need to plow snow, I need to clear manure from our horses, and I would like to have a post hole digger for future fencing needs. In addition, I'd like to go into a cash crop (organic) next season. The Kubota dealer pointed me in the direction of the B2910. If anyone has some helpful information on this tractor or a better choice I'd really appreciate any opinions. Also, do the dealers have a room to negotiate with the price?

Thanks for all your inputs.

Spev

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #2  
Check with Carver equipment.com they beat my local dealer by about 2k. Most dealer's act like their only making 10-12% but that means that Mr. Carver is only making 1 or 2%. I don't think so. I am still looking for a M6800 4WD with a loader and like you would like to buy from a local dealer but do not want to just give him a blank check. Good luck with your search.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #3  
You should not be dissappointed with your choice. They are rugged little tractors with no equal. You might look to see if the 5 ft Bush Hog wouldn't do everything the finish mower will do and more at a lower price unless you have 3 acres of pristine lawn and I would wonder even then.

Some prices on Kubota are available at: http:/www.carverequipment.com

Yes.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #4  
Hi Spev,
I am orginally from the Winnebago IL area and am now in the Central Illinois area. The only input that I can really give you is on the pricing. As you can see by some of my posts I have found a very large range of pricing on the Kubota 2910 and the New Holland Boomers. You really have to search out pricing from all the dealers within a reasonable drive of Durand. I have also just found that it is then a good idea to take the time and visit the dealership. Phone calls are easy, but seeing the dealership for yourself will definitely sway your decision. The best place to find them is on the Kubota website. I am still in the process of deciding Kubota or New Holland and it will probably come down to which dealer if feel the most comfortable with. That is, comfortable with the service and the price. Let me know what you find out and decide. Man do we miss Lino's in Rockford!!!

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #5  
Spev, the B2910 is an excellent choice. I bought my B2710 for my 10 acres last year before the 2910 came out, and it's all I need, but I understand the 2910 did add a few nice little features.

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #6  
By the sounds you made a good choice.
May your new Kubota arrive soon so you can enjoy many hours of fun.
Take care and stay safe.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #7  
I am hesitant to place this in my reply but, I feel that giving you all the info possible is important. My local Kubota dealer stated that Kubota may be a little upset with Carver over their pricing. He stated that Carver may be shipping unassembled Kubotas to customers in violation of a retail agreement that states for warranty repair the machine must be assembled by a Kubota dealer. Price is important and so is a local dealer. Im in NC...would give my business to my local dealer over Carver. My thoughts.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #8  
I visited Carver today. David, I'm not sure I see what your problem with them is, but we all have different experiences. They quoted me $16050 for a B2710 w/ loader, folding ROPS, R4s, and ballasted tires, delivered (80 miles) and $16655 for the B2910 similarly equipped and delivered. This is consistent with their Internet prices and presumably assembled, though I didn't explicitly ask that question. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BTW David I do agree with you about buying local and I will if I feel comfortable a closer dealer who will at least come close to that price.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #9  
I would go to your local dealer with the price quoted by Carver. I dont have a problem with Carver they just didnt respond to my E-Mails which I found puzzling. I thought when I stopped by the dealership I would find a large bustling Kubota Superstore that would explain why they didn't have the time to respond to my questions via E-Mail. Much to my suprise, I found a small tractor dealership.(smaller than my local Kubota franchise). E commerce is new and if it wasnt quarter to five I may have gone in( I had an engagement at 5pm). This encounter made me think maybe my dealer could meet my expectations afterall. Go figure..Arent computers great.QQQ

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #10  
David, of course I'm in Texas and bought my tractor locally, although I ordered shop and parts manuals and filters from Carver. So I have no proof of what Carver is doing, but have you looked at his web site? I've forgotten the exact wording, but it says completely assembled, fueled, and work ready, and I sure haven't seen any posts with any complaints from anyone who bought from Carver, although I do recall seeing a few favorable comments. I can understand your local dealer being jealous, but I think I'd be a little suspicious of him and his motives.

Bird