Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do?

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #1  

verberm

Bought a Used BX2200 -- How\'d I Do?

I bought a BX2200 this weekend. It's a 2000, has 245 hrs., and came with the 60" MMM and loader. It was used mostly for mowing and moving snow. Was garaged, looks to be well-maintained, and other than the normal signs of use and a broken light, is in good shape. I paid $8250. Reasonable price?

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #2  
Re: Bought a Used BX2200 -- How\'d I Do?

My dealer has my old one, 145 hours for 11000.00

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #3  

Welcome to TBN and BX ownership. Your 2200 is a great machine, good choice.

I guess now that more and more BX tractors are out there we are going to see a lot of questions like this (used prices). My feeling on used equipment is the same as my view of purchasing used cars and trucks. You are better off paying above book for a well maintained unit than get a great deal on something beat up. You can very quickly spend your percieved savings on repairs. Therefore your total ownership costs are higher and you still have a more worn unit worth less if if you decide to sell.

I would think the price you paid seems good. I wouldn't be afraid to pay that for a 2200 in good shape. I'm no expert and I am interested in what others will have to say also. It would be nice to know if my BX 23 is holding its value or not.

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #4  

I think you did fine. I know I have a 2000 with MMM and FEL with 800 hours on it, and I would want close to the price you paid to sell mine, and more importantly, I would not sell it for much less because I feel comfortable keeping it for quite some time. It still works like the day I bought it, and looks that way, too!!
Will

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #5  

Today that package would run you about 12k so you got a good deal from where I sit. Do a complete fluid change right away and go through it with a fine tooth comb and that baby should last you a long long time.

/ Bought a Used BX2200 -- How'd I Do? #6  

Thats darn good, 10k would probably be possible. We had one cusstomer sell his on auction for $12400. Thats $100 less than he paid for it brand new. Sounds like the same setup, 250 odd hours, loader, mower, etc.