2410 Bi-speed turn

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #1  

KDL

Tractor
B2410 Bi-speed
Several days ago I couldn't decide between a JD 4100HST, a BX2200 or a B2410 with or without Bi-speed turn. I liked the JD4100 mainly because the brakes are on the left side. So you could break one wheel and still operate the hydro on the right and it could make fairly sharp turns for its size. But after finding this wed site and staying up late reading everyones comments the JD is out. I also thought the 2410 with Bi-speed turn was out because of all the unfavorable opinions, although no one had actually been on a tractor with that feature. That is until today! as I was driving home from work I saw a man mowing his yard with an older Kubota and decided to stop to see how he liked it. As it turned out it was a B1550 with Bi-speed turn. I asked how he liked the the Bi-speed turn feature on his tractor? He promptly got off and said you tell me. Well has anyone driven a gear drive tractor and stood on one brake (not just apply the brake but turn the wheel and staaaaaaand on the sukker...)to make it turn more sharply. Well Bi-speed turn is kinda like that, only without the tire drag. I swear it would almost pivot on the inside tire. I turned the Bi-speed off and its turning radius almost doubled. We had had several hours of rain earlier that day and other than the tracks from the 60" deck you couldn't even tell where I had made my turns. And guess what over 600 hours and no mechanical problems with the Bi-speed. I will be ordering a tractor in the morning. Can you guess which one???

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #3  
I would to know what the tractor is like once you get it. I too am considering the 2410 Bi-speed turn model.

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #4  
let me guess? will it be orange? will it have b2410 written on it? what could it be? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif good luck and let us know how u like it.

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #5  
I LOVE my 2410 bi-speed turn tractor. Maneuvering around trees, inside horse corrals, etc.. It's kinda like skid steer without the skid.

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #6  
I have a B2410 with Bi-speed turn. Have had it for 1 month. I really like the Bi-speed. Make sure you use it properly, read the directions. People who complain about Bi-speed not working good may not be actually using Bi-speed due to not activating it properly. Front wheels need to be straight ahead, and in 4 wheel drive. If you are mowing in confined areas, go for it.

/ 2410 Bi-speed turn #7  
I mow about 2 acres of ocean front property with my 2410. In the spring the ground is so soft and wet that any little scuff will uproot grass. I have never had any problems with the grass (despite sharp turns) as long as I use bispeed turn.

Last winter when the dealer delivered 2 tractors for me to try, you could actually see in the snow the scuffing of the non-bispeed tractor made when turning sharply. I believe that someone had posted before that bispeed seemed popular in the northeast but I don't recall why. I asked several dealers whether tractors with bispeed turn required more frequent repairs and they all answered no.