B2710/Kubota Weights, Again

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
As posted earlier, Mark said he talked with Kubota today and got an answer about the published weights being for a tractor excluding tires/wheels, seat, ROPS (unless otherwise noted), and fuel, but including fluids such as oil.

According to Kubota books, the weight of the B2710/LA402/R4 field ready with fuel and all would be +/- 3080lbs.

However, a gentleman e-mailed me and stated that he had a B2710/LA401/R4 weighed before shipment from Carver Equipment at 2480lbs; that being a field ready number. I confirmed that today, by e-mail with Carver Equipment.

So let's see, the answer is... a tractor that, according to Kubota, should weigh +/- 3080lbs, actually weighs around 600lbs less when put on the scale! Go figure!

For reference, the B2710 tractor is published at 1740lbs, the LA402 loader at 970lbs. That alone is 2710lbs, and doesn't include wheels/tires, fuel, or a seat.

Hard to say a scale is 600lbs off.

msig.gif

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #2  
There has been a considerable amount of conjecture, speculation, and guessing about what a Kubota compact tractor might actually weigh when "field ready, full of fuel, and without operator." Could some of you owners and / or dealers actually take your tractors across a platform scale at the local grain elevator or gravel yard and then post the real numbers here? It would be a big service to this community. Would be most meaningful if the tractor were weighed without loader or other implements.

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #3  
Jack, I've thought very seriously about doing that (and may yet one of these days); just haven't wanted to go to the trouble of loading it on the trailer and making a 50 mile round trip to the nearest certified scales just to satisfy my curiosity.

Bird

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #4  
Jack - I've weighed my L4310HST, but I've never posted the weight because it's pretty meaningless to anyone else. It weighed 7,160 lbs, but that includes the loader, 4-in-1 bucket, larger cylinders, canopy, 50% ballast in all tires, Bradco backhoe subframe, extra plumbing, electric solenoid valves, etc. It weighs a several hundred pounds more than that now, because I've put much bigger tires on it since I weighed it.

Mark

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #5  
Muhammad,

This is a no-brainer for a Blue owner like me! Kubota over reports the weight to make up for under reporting on the hour meter. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Maybe their weight is before they put the helium in the tires!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #6  
MarkC

What a lightweight! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #7  
Yeah, it's needs more ballast. Actually, I'm thinking about a full length skid plate made of 1/4" plate. That should help.

Actually, as heavy as it is, it could still stand to be heavier to get maximum use of the available power to the wheels. Even with all that tire and weight, it'll still spin the tires easily in low range, unless I've got the backhoe on it, which adds another 2,000 pounds. I think the power it has is incredible, especially considering that it has one of those "wuss" hydrostatic transmissions. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #8  
Nope. They must have set it up backwards. I have 24 inch tires on the front and you have 24 inch tires on the back! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #9  
Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that possibility.

Mark

/ B2710/Kubota Weights, Again #10  
Ok, the mystery seems to be clearing a little. I talked with several more people today. Apparently, the weights the factory reps defined for me earlier were the weights in the dealer's price guide, not the sales brochures.

So, the correct (I think) definition of the weight in the sales brochures is (drum roll, please): The complete assembled tractor including standard tires and all fluids, excluding diesel. In the past, I was told, these weights sometimes didn't include any fluids, but they now do. So, this may be where some of the discrepancy came about. That, and the fact that there's considerable difference between the weights of R1, turf, and R4 tires.

Mark