kubota -vs-john deere

/ kubota -vs-john deere #1  

Anonymous Poster

I can't decide on what tractor is best for me. I'm debating over a L3410 with hst & Loader vs john deere 4400 with same options. I like the hst over JD, but I like the loader controlls on the JD and the I like the way the loader come off the tractor. Any opions please help

/ kubota -vs-john deere #2  
I guess that I would decide which I was going to do the most and select that feature. The Kubota loader controls really work well, though. Most of the new Kubota models have loaders that are easy to remove with no tools. I am sure there are rental places with JD compact tractors, I have just never seen any in the North Central Texas area. Rent one for a weekend and most dealers will give you full credit when you buy.

/ kubota -vs-john deere #3  
I too, was looking real hard at the 3010 HST versus 4300 Hydro. The kubota had some things I liked better than the JD. But after driving the JD with the two pedal system and the ease of removing and re-attaching the loader I was totally confused on what i wanted. I had noticed that 3 rental places had Kubota's as their rental tractors in the past, but now all three had JD's. In fact I had rented both tractors from one of those places in the past. So what I did is talked to all three owners of these rental stores and they all said the same thing. The Kubota's worked just fine but at times they had to wait for parts and all three said they had problems with oil leaks from just minor things as replacing a gasket to rear main seals. They all said the JD was more trouble free and they just kept going. Imagine all the abuse these tractors take in a rental fleet. I decided on the JD and I'm as happy as I could be. I also learned that re-sale of the JD is much more than anything else. I did not buy this tractor to re-sell, but if I did I felt a little more confident with my purchase. Remember, the dealer makes a big difference and in my area the Kubota/New Holland dealers just were not very accomodating in their answers and attitudes. Good luck with your purchase