Tractor Sizing ? Size tractor

/ ? Size tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm in the constuction bus. (Home builing) I clear lots, spread dirt, and i move material . I work a tractor very hard. Anyone have any idea about what size i need?

/ ? Size tractor #2  
As big a tractor as your truck can haul and budget can buy. If your using the loader to move material repeatedly, get HST (hydrostatic transmission.) you won't be sorry. Rat...

/ ? Size tractor #3  
I agree with Rat. Check out the L4310HST, which I have and like, or the new L4610HST. They would be a good match for you.

Mark

/ ? Size tractor #4  
You know your business better than I, but maybe it would be good to ask a question. Is it actually a farm tractor you want? I think that construction has it's own equipment that is specialized in doing that type work. Construction equipment is likely to get the work done faster and with lower maintenance costs than a more general-purpose tractor.

The idea may be to use 3ph implements to reduce the number of separate machines required. I seem to recall a question about putting a 3ph on a skid steer. I think the answer was either that it could be done fairly easily or there was a factory option from some manufacturer.

/ ? Size tractor #5  
I would say not less than a 30hp if your that busy with your constuction.
Have you consider a back hoe attachment also?

Take care and have fun.