Tractor
    L4240 HST

Default Cranking up the Hp?

I was told buy my uncle that the dealer can turn up your horsepower on some models of tractors. He purchased a L3710, which I believe, is the same as the L4310. Same motor, same everything, just different stickers. He said it only cost $50 to have his turned up to a 43 HP (L4310) by the dealer and it doesn't void the warranty. I believe the price difference between the two if bought out right is $600. Sounds like a deal to me. 6 Hp for $50! What do ya'll think?

Tractor
    4200 hst

Default Re: Cranking up the Hp?

I been wondering the same thing.If its just a matter of more fuel delivery and timing,or is a new pump needed?

Tractor
    L4610HST

Default Re: Cranking up the Hp?

According to kubota, the 37 and 43 have a different bore and stroke. The 37 is 113 cid and the 43 is 134 which is a 19% increase in displacement. No dealer can turn that up for $50.

The 37 has a mid-pto and the 43 does not.

The 43 and the 46 share a similar engine and the difference might be a chip; I do not know where the extra hp and rpm come from. The 46 has a bigger pump, however, and can handle the LA852 loader.