Kubota L4310HST Tractor

/ Kubota L4310HST Tractor #1  

kglewis

I'm a first time tractor buyer. I saw an ad for a 2001 Kubota L4310HST hydrostatic 4x4 Loader with 500hours for $3300. Can anyone comment on whether this is a good deal and what questions I should ask the person selling it?
Thank you!

/ Kubota L4310HST Tractor #2  
My first thought is it was a misprint. Way under value! If that's the actual selling price I'd be deeply suspicious. Then again, it could be a vindictive ex-wife getting even. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Worth a call.

Pete

/ Kubota L4310HST Tractor #3  
If it's this eBay listing it's a scam. It is a one day listing that does not give a location. You also need to be pre-approved to bid. All the signs of a scam. They are looking for a sucker for a quick sale to get your money. I guarantee the buyer will never see the tractor.

Looks like the scammers have changed tactics by using one day listings. This will reduce the chance that eBay removes the listing.

eBay listing for Kubota tractor

/ Kubota L4310HST Tractor #5  
MadReferee is right. SCAM. I've been on eBay since 1997 and 100% of the "private, pre-approved bidder only" auctions I've seen have been scams. It still alludes me as to why eBay allows such. Literally on dozens of these auctions I've seen, every single one has been a scam. It seems that eBay doesn't care if it is a scam or not; only that they get their selling fee.
After all these years using eBay, I use it seldomly anymore because of all the problems and eBay's reluctance to do anything about them. There is currently two major court cases that are challanging eBay's immunity to people getting scammed. According to FoxNews and CNN both, they predict that there will be major changes soon in eBay because they (eBay) does not have any liability whatsoever for these obvious scam deals and do not do much at all to help prevent them. They only want their fee. It used to be a great place. Now, it still can, but you must be very careful!

/ Kubota L4310HST Tractor #6  
The ad was pulled from ebay within a couple of hours after I pointed it out to them.

The dead giveaway for me was that the seller wanted buyers to contact them by way of an email address prominently displayed in the description.

Since the sellers account had over 100 feedback items that were all positive I suspect the ebay account was hacked by the scammers.

At least ebay responded pretty quickly when it was pointed out to them.