RTV 900

/ RTV 900 #1  

kenta

Tractor
I have a Kubota M-5400 and a B-2910 plus a G-1800 riding mover which is orange too.
I have read all the posts on the Kubota and the different manufacterers that make similar models and I went with another orange. Last spring it was a B2910 with a snow blower and that was awsome with the job I had to do. I have had 10 Kubotas over the last 30 years and never regreted a one. The biggest is a M5400 with all the attachments and then the little guy above. I have had 3 riding mowers and now have a G1800 for the last 10 years without any problems. They make a great machine. Deep down inside I wanted a BMW motorcycle, but my wife said those days are over. I am 63 and have a bad back so she is right and I am a hopeless romantic.. One spill and the game is over. When I saw the Kubota RTV 900 worksite model I took it out for a ride and was sold. I liked the breaking that slower down the rig without pumping the breaks. She is built well like all kubotas and they aren't cutting back on materials. I like the dump body and the bench seat. The wife and the dog can go cruising. I put down $500. on the model today and can't wait for the delivery. This was a big year for spending. I bought a loader and trailer by Majaco and a bigger chipper by Valby. It weighs 1600 lbs. and takes anything I put in the chute. The year before I bought a timberwolf and a converor to use with my old 54 ford dump truck and my partner and I are going into the firewood business. I have 300 acres of hardwood and just cleaning up the blowdowns should keep us busy. In the spring we tap 600 maple trees and make syrup. Back to the RTV 900. I feel I won't be disappointed and look foreward to using it. It may not go too good in the snow, but I have the tractors for that. I bought a grey plastic top to keep the sun off my balding head and am waiting for delivery on Monday. I'll keep you posted and thanks for your helpful comments. Kent

/ RTV 900 #2  
Kent,

Congrats on your new purchase. You'll be happy with the RTV.
I believe you can now choose what tires you want with the machine when purchased. Not sure of your terrain, but for snow and mud, you're probably going to want ATV type instead of the HDWS. Many of us that have the HDWS have gotten aftermarket, more agressive tires. (getting different tires for us when purchased wasn't offered).

For your firewood endevours, is a winch in order?

Please fill out your profile so we have an idea of where you live and the conditions you may be driving in.

Brian

/ RTV 900 #3  
Have a daughter, Dad? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd love one of those.... or a 3130 or a..... Glad you got it all figured out.

/ RTV 900 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have a daughter, Dad? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)</font>

theboman,

My daughter or kenta?
Nobody can date my daughter, yet...

/ RTV 900
Dear Brian. Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me how to expand the profile. I couldn't find a way to get back into that area. I'll reveal all my equipment secrets. Kent

/ RTV 900 #6  
Kent,

To edit your profile, try this link. If it doesn't work, go through the steps below.
Edit Profile

On the top center of each page, there's a line with the first option being "Main Index". The 3rd option is "My Home". Go there and under "Main Configuration" is "Personal information, email, password, etc.". Use this are to fill out your info.

Another note. Postings for the RTV are probably more suited in the "ATV & Utility Vehicles" forum (look in the "Related Equipment" section).

If you hop over there, you'll find there's probably more information on the RTV than you'll ever want/need to know.
I already mentioned tires but this will be the first winter for almost all of the RTV's so we're not real sure yet on how it'll do. Many have already gotten some form of winter tires and expect it to do well.

ANY MODERATOR - Can/should this thread be moved over to the "ATV/Utility Vehicle area"? Not sure how many RTV owners come over to the Kubota Buying/Pricing section.

Brian