Taking Delivery of Tractor

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #1  

LuisLeon

Gentlemen,

In two days I will finally receive my BX23, I feel giddy, I been waiting so long. Did you guys tip the truck driver who made the delivery? If so, what would be a recommended amount?

I will post pictures when it arrives, now I have to clean out that space in the barn.

regards,

Luis Leon

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #2  
My sales person has been the one who has delivered my machines each time I purchased. I didn't tip him, I assumed he earns a commission?

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #3  
LuisLeon,
Congratulations!
I would not tip the driver. I would think that is part of what you have paid for and I would even expect him to do a complet walk through of the tractor. How to operate it in general, basic maintenance, etc.

I would also make sure that you have the manual before he leaves and read through it.

I remember when my tractor showed up.....I had the same emotions that I did when I got my first bike. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have fun and be safe.
Mark

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #4  
I would be able to tell if someone "tipped" my delivery driver. After work he would be in the parking lot sipping suds with the rest of my guys. Seriously, I would not tip the driver. In most cases he is being well paid to perform the service.

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #5  
LuisLeon,
The driver is being rewarded enough getting to see that big grin on your face, he has the best job there!
Sherpa

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor
Thank you all for your replies... I guess I won't be tipping the driver. Now, hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight and tomorrow night, but I doubt it.

Regards,

Luis Leon

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #7  
For a normal delivery it is not necessary to tip the driver, delivery was part of the sale. and yep you are right u won't sleep much in the next few days, and if u do sleep, there will be sweet dreams. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now, hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight and tomorrow night, but I doubt it.)</font>

Put it this way, you better somehow sleep the next two nights cuz' you'll surely be staying up late the night of your delivery pla--- I mean working.

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #9  
I would agree that you wouldn't normally give the delivery driver a monetary tip.

However, if the dealership is doing their job properly, the driver will take a fair amount of time with you explaining/demonstrating the various features of your tractor.

Personally, I would have some iced tea or soft drinks available, along with some munchies such as some of your wifes wonderful home made cookies or maybe some doughnuts to offer to the delivery person. It's better than nothing, it's just common courtesy, and he will remember how nicely he was treated by the "new" customer so that he'll be happy to provide quality service in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Taking Delivery of Tractor #10  
Just happened that mine was delivered after hours and the guy was going straight home (10 mins away) after the delivery.......
Let's just say, he really enjoyed an adult beverage or two.
When he came to pick it up for some service work 2 days later, he brought some to replace what he drank. Needless to say I have a firend at the dealership now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif