Kubota Weight Specs

/ Kubota Weight Specs #1  

littlediesel

Silver Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, U35, KX71, U17 Excavators, B3030HSDC, F3680, ASV PT40
I had a dealer tell me that Kubota does not include the weight of the tires in their weight specifications. Have any of you guys heard that before?

I was comparing the weight of the L35 and the L39. The weight of the L35 is 5997 lbs and the weight of the L39 is 6997 lbs.

However, the weight spec posted on the Deene Implement website does say the weight includes the weight of the tires. I have never seen that declared before in any other weight spec. That could mean the weight of the L35 and L39 are close.

I want to purchase a new L39 but do not desire any heavier tractor than the L35.

Maybe the weights are the same?

Any inputs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota Weight Specs #2  
I've seen other spec sheets--mostly Deere--which list the weight of the tractor, and they state "field ready with coolant, fuel, and R1 tires". I wouldn't presume to know more than the dealer you talked to, but what he told you doesn't sound right. I'd go ahead and assume the spec sheet weight includes the tires.

/ Kubota Weight Specs #3  
Unless <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> has changed their way of stating tractor weights. They do not included tire and wheels in tractor weight.

/ Kubota Weight Specs
Ronjhall,
Thanks for the info!!!
Where did you find the info about Kubota not including the weight of the tires in their spec?

It does not make alot of sense to me. It would appear to any shopper that Kubota's are less heavy and may sway someone's decision.

/ Kubota Weight Specs #6  
<font color="blue"> Unless Kubota has changed their way of stating tractor weights. They do not included tire and wheels in tractor weight. </font>

If my memory serves me right /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm thinking the weight does include the tires now. In years past, it did not. There is a thread with an email, direct from Kubota, copied into a post. It detailed how the Kubota tractors are weighed. I can't put my finger on that thread. I'll keep searching....

Don

/ Kubota Weight Specs #7  
Here is a couple of post on weights.
Click Here
Click Here
Kind of confusing when you get to the end of the second one. I don't know if my statement is true or not now. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota Weight Specs #8  
I think Don is correct on the Kubota weights now including the tires/wheels. I know I recall reading something about it, and I believe what it was from Kubota, where they stated that they now include tires/wheels in their weights. I don't recall when they might have changed their policy, but I suspect it has been for the last couple of years.

/ Kubota Weight Specs #9  
That makes sense to me because between turfs/ag/construction tires the weight varies a great deal.

/ Kubota Weight Specs #10  
Lower weight on the L35/L39 would be a good thing considering the way that most of these tractors are used. I've run both of them and I can't see why anyone would need more weight that whats already there.