Second and smaller Kubota?

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #1  

cuzncletus

About 15 months ago I purchased an L3130, bucket, Bushhog brand 60', and box blade. I built a reinforced canopy for clearing woods and went to work. It has performed amazingly and flawlessly clearing land way above what it rated for. Obviously I will buy another Kubota after agonizing over the purchase of this first one. It has been one tough machine.
As my properties expand and evolve (I'm in the real estate business but have started a clearing/bushhogging business on the side with my tractor and several other friends who have small tractors) I'm starting to think of another, smaller tractor. I maintain residential and commercial vacant properties in my sideline business, plus I have other properties I've bought myself. I need something heavier than a yard tractor but less than the 3130 on cleared properties. I've been eyeballing the B1500. I want to stay under 10G's for the next purchase and want a belly mower. Anyone with experienced, intelligent thoughts or just some good ideas?

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #2  
<font color="blue"> I built a reinforced canopy for clearing woods and went to work. </font>

First, how about a picture...I did something similar so I am interested... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a B2910 and bought a BX2200 with belly mower last year. I am real happy with it. You should be able to get one for just a shade over 10K I think, with the mower.

For the extra HP and the increased mower size, the cost is not that much more than the BX1500. OK, maybe $1,500 more...but you get more too, and the size is not that much different.

I really like my BX2200 for grass cutting. I guess the new numbers are 2230 and 1530...

Anyway, last year it was me and I went for the BX2200. I have no regrets and would not change what I did.

I love my BX, but my B2910 is my TRACTOR...the BX is his little sister...truth is I love them both... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #3  
I'm at the other end of the decision. I bought a BX2200 and would like to buy a 2nd Bota that is larger. I keep pushing mine to do more, and it's heart is willing, but it's size is limited...........

I might start watching for a larger, older Bota that can I move dirt easier with......

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #4  
If all you are going to be doing is mowing you may want to consider a ZD21 zero turn mower. They are much faster getting the mowing done that a BX and are less that $10g's. The only downside is if you are going to be using a box blade or any other 3 pt attachments, you can't do it with this machine.

/ Second and smaller Kubota?
Liquidator; I'm sorry you didn't read between the lines. This isn't really a practical decision, it's an emotional decision. I'm just trying to rationalize it. The only really practical side to it is I'll have a smaller tractor that won't bump into as many things in the yard.

Remember: He who dies with the most toys still dies. But he who dies with a tractor with implements can have his friends come over and have a beer while they bury him. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #6  
I don't have a "real" tractor for my second tractor, but in addition to my b2910 I also have a t1670, Kubota's nice little garden tractor with a Kohler gas engine. I use them both a lot and it is nice to have the right tractor for the job at hand. The b2910 gets used for dirtwork, heavy lifting, grading, digging holes, and cutting and clearing brush. The t1670 gets used for finish mowing, pulling light stuff around in a cart, and a portable work station. Both are handy for running around my 10 acres, but for short little pick me up trips the t1670 generally gets the nod. If I'm going to encounter resistence (hills, brush, trees), I'm going to be on the 2910 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I suspect a lot of people have a combination diesel tractor/gas garden tractor, and use them in a similar manner. I don't see why a big and small diesel tractor couldn't be used the same way.

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have a "real" tractor for my second tractor, but in addition to my b2910 I also have a t1670...)</font>

I have a very similar situation and uses with my B7400 and a G1800 (diesel) garden tractor. I started out with just the G1800 (actually, it came with my 5-acre place) and although it is great around the buildings and under the trees, I quickly realized it wouldn't be up to the back pasture. The combination of the two is nearly perfect for my place.

Pete

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #8  
Must be a popular combination.
I went from a B7500 to an L3130 and G2160. There are times I wished I had a smaller "tractor", something with 4WD anyway, but I think this is a nice setup and find myself using the lawn tractor and a cart over the FEL quite often.

/ Second and smaller Kubota? #9  
We've got a one year old L-3130 GST with the 723 FEL and 550 hours on it.

Am going to trade in my 20 year old M-F 1030 with 1,200 hrs on a new B3030 HST with the LA403 FEL for the wife to use, that way she can handle her farm chores herself without waiting for me to take care of them for her, plus I can always use her tractor some too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif