Questions on Rear Implement Choices for a B2910

/ Questions on Rear Implement Choices for a B2910 #1  

Don_Curley

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910 HST
OK ... my B2910 is on the way! (waiting for a 60" bucket for the LA402 FEL being shipped out of Texas). Anyway, I've got a couple of follow-up questions ...

1) I had a choice on two of my rear implements ... for a box scraper, it was either a 5 1/2’ IH heavy-duty box scraper with four rippers or a lighter duty 5’ Atlas with 5 rippers. And for the rear blade ... it was either a 6’ rear blade or a 5’ version (both 4-way adjustable ... and I think the brand name was something like "Lionbach"). Anyway, here’s what I am wondering about at this point ... does the Kubota B2910 tractor have enough horse power to efficiently work these larger versions of the box scraper and rear blade (which is what I specified), or would I be better off with the somewhat smaller 5’ box scraper and 5’ rear blade? (And BTW, these were offered for the same overall price at my local dealer).

2) To anyone's knowledge, does someone make a small, follow-along "cart" that can be conveniently hooked-up to the 3PH (for hauling gardening supplies, tools, and other materials)?

Any help, info, or advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

/ Questions on Rear Implement Choices for a B2910 #2  
Don,

When it comes to box scrapers, I would give more credit to the heavier box scraper than the 6" difference in size. I would also go at least with the 6' blade, if not even maybe a 7', or compromise on 6.5'. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Check out Northern Tool for carts and cart kits (I think they are at http://www.northernrtool.com

The GlueGuy

/ Questions on Rear Implement Choices for a B2910 #3  
Don,
Check out Wal-Mart for a small cart. $88 for medal and a few$ more for Rubbermaid. They didn't look bad for the price. I usually use a carry-all on th 3ph and have large & small plywood platforms that go on it. Also if I need some weight on the rear, I just toss on some cement filled cinder blocks.

Steve

/ Questions on Rear Implement Choices for a B2910 #4  
Don,

I use a 5' box blade and a 6' rear blade on my B21 (21hp). I think you made the right choice with the heavy box and the 6' blade. I wouldn't mind a 6 1/2' blade for some of the ditch cleaning I do, but it is hard to get enough lift to tilt and offset the 6' blade. Another thing I learned the hard way about rear blades is that the bigger the blade the more leverage it exerts on the 3pt parts. I have a lot of rock and have bent some parts when hitting something that doesn't move.

MarkV