Made My Choice ! But Still Worried....

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #1  

tennis

Tractor
Kubota BX23TLB
With 2 months of research and many conversations and miles on the old car along with the endless wealth of information and life experiences from people on this board. I hope to take delivery of my BX2200 with a 54" mower deck and 50" snow blower next Saturday. Originally I was going to go from my loyal JD245 to a JD425 before getting intrested in the Kubota line of products. My first thought was the TG1860 series but for me the extra cash for the subcompact and its features made sense for my needs. And my local dealer made a BIG diffrence to me to justify the investement.
I was a little discouraged during my research to keep reading about those pesky problems EVEN if its covered under warranty. And the confusion with the owners manuals with the recommended types and amounts of fluids needed along with the problems with waiting for parts even if Kubota is working to improve that proccess.
BUT life is a challange and not always fair .So all I can do is take a deep breath and hope for the best just like the rest of do each and every day. Good luck to us all......

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #2  
Don't worry,be happy!!! You will not regret for one moment buying the BX.A great little machine.There is NO comparison between the BX and any other Lawn/Garden tractor,no matter what color.

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #3  
I went through the same agony Tennis. When I bought my 6 acres I thought my JD325 was going to be way enough machine. But now I want to do some landscaping and tree clearing and gardening and I've found the lawn tractor has lots of limitations. I was skeptical as to whether the BX was going to be enough tractor until I read all the endorsing posts on this site. Also I talked to my neighbor who has a huge JD4600. His 8 foot tow behind mower is great for cutting most of his lawn fast (he has 12 acres) but he realized he couldn't trim near the house or around landscaping. So he had to spend another $5000 for a Scag to do the trimming. I told him about the BX I have coming and the 48" FEL. He told me he wished he could put a smaller loader bucket on his tractor. The bucket he has can move a whole pile of mulch in one scoop, but it's too awkward and the tractor is too big to get in close around the house to distribute mulch. So I guess a tractor can be too small but also too big.

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #4  
Not eveyone has had problems. My dealer is also well stocked with parts. Fluid levels, the problem is filter or no filter change, and some folks like the oil level at the top and others in the middle. Kubota seems to fall in the middle when I use their specified amounts so I just top it off a little. That is what they put those dip sticks there for.
I think you should have gotten the 60 inch deck--why the 54? Unless you have some real narrow places the 60 cuts better, trims closer and covers more gound.
Mine did not have all the scratches when delievered, does not make anything but NORMAL noises, is very quiet, fuel efficient. It has been virtually perfect @160 hours.
It is not a Lexus, if Toyota ever starts building tractors God help JD and Kubota too. Hey did y'all see that the Ford F150 failed the crash tests--independent tests-- and the Tundra was rated tops and the doors still opened and closed. J

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #5  
Thank God I bought a Tundra! Great truck!
Hey, they just called and my BX will be delivered tommorrow! I hope it dries up enough so I can try it out.
My neighbor is out there right now mowing his wide open yard with his Scag instead of his JD4600. I asked him why not his big tractor. Too wet, his reply, it will tear up the turf too much. So his $30,000 rig sits idle.

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #6  
There are several statements that I never thought I'd see on this website. Like
1) Clinton was a really fine president.
2) The 2nd amendment only applies to well regulated militias.
3) A dress is the most comfortable thing to wear while driving a tractor.
But I never expected to see anyone suggest anything as unAmerican as this:

So I guess a tractor can be too small but also too big.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a link with pricing info on Kubota B series tractors.

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #7  
Don't worry so much! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I got mine in Jan, and it only had one of the problems that was talked about on the board, and that was the HST pedal not returning fast enough for me. They fixed that on later builds of the tractor by putting a zirc fitting on the shaft. NO problem since, and none of the other issues, either. You're gonna love that tractor!

I really had no idea how versatile it was, I already was used to my Pa's L2900 and the BX seemed so small in comparison, but it continually surprises me with what it's able to do.

Enjoy

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #8  
<font color=blue>...It is not a Lexus, if Toyota ever starts building tractors God help JD and Kubota too...</font color=blue>

JR,

I feel exactly the same way if Honda/Acura started making a pickup truck... I'd buy it in a heartbeat! These companies have certain things down pat... like quality control, ergonomics, reliability, etc. etc..

With that said, even Acura & Lexus can have it's "warts" now and then... it's an exception not the rule...Thank God!

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ Made My Choice ! But Still Worried.... #9  
I am probably one of the "problem cases" that has you worried. I'll just say this. If yours makes a sound after lifting the deck to the auto stop at idle, and that sound is very obvious and pronounced. Don't accept delivery. That said I'll bet there are very few of them out there that do this but they are out there and I've seen other posts (old) that talk of it. DON'T look for the sound, if it's there it's there I wasn't looking but I couldn't pretend it was not there. And it probably won't be for you.
Other than that, this is the coolest best performing machine I had seen in my search. Check your fluid levels right away cause some dealers are buffoons and Enjoy it!!!

Rogue