ordered B3030 today

/ ordered B3030 today #1  

bowhunter3030

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4060hstc & Kubota B2601
I ordered a B3030 HSD-F, 60" FEL with quick hitch, and a 5' rhino rotary cutter, all for $17,120. I hope this is a good price. I am new to this game. I have learned so much from this forum. I thank all of you for your knowledge. I bought 135 acres 1 year ago, of which I will work about 20 acres, food plots, cutting paths & weeds, etc. The rest I will keep in timber. I am a big time bow hunter. It was between a New Holland TC26DA and the B3030. I went for the extra 4 horsepower because the price wasn't that much more. I have to trailer the machine to the property (55 miles away), so I didn't want one too large. A question as to the tires. I ordered it with the R4 tires. Should I get the AG tires instead? I won't be using the tractor to do any cutting at my home. My farm can get muddy at times, so let me know what you would recommend. Thanks for all your help. Tractor won't be here till March, they say.

/ ordered B3030 today #2  
Congrats on the new tractor! It's a shame you have to wait until March!! Either of the tractors you mentioned are great units and you can't go wrong with Kubota or NH. The Rhino brush hogs are the best in the business IMO. You'll be real happy with your purchase. As for the R4's... they are an aggressive tread that should handle most tasks. I have lugs on my B7300 and I think they are a little hard on the turf. But they are handy for really digging in.

Happy tractoring!

/ ordered B3030 today #3  
If you are using it in fields only I would get the ag tires, they will do better in mud than R4's will. R4's are a good tire if you will be on the grass some but are not great in real mud.

Bill Tolle

/ ordered B3030 today #4  
<font color="blue">
I ordered a B3030 HSD-F, 60" FEL with quick hitch, </font>
First, Welcome to TBN.
Congrats on ordering a great tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What does HSD-F mean?
Is the FEL quick hitch a BL1767?

/ ordered B3030 today #5  
Just a couple thoughts...

When I ordered my B2910 a couple years ago I ordered the 60" bucket. Before taking delivery I decided to change to the 54" bucket. I have often thought to myself that I am glad I went with the smaller bucket.

Rear tires with R4s are 53 inches wide about a foot off the ground, so even with the narrower bucket I don't have a problem following behind when I scrape a path with the loader.

The narrower bucket fits between trees better and lets the tractor go where a 60" might not.

The 54" bucket seems a little more heavy duty than the 60."

When working with damp/soggy earth I have at times found my loader working real hard lifting a full bucket. Might not have lifted the 60" when full.

For light stuff, the larger bucket is obviously better if the added width does not get in the way otherwise.

I guess what I am trying to say is that over the last couple years I have been surprised now and then by thoughts telling me that downgrading to the 54" bucket was the best thing I could have done for my particular circumstances.

Another thing is the R4 tires. I am not sure what I would do there. With all the rain this summer, I ended up putting my chains back on after having them off just a couple weeks. The problem with R4s and our clay soil is that the F4s quickly fill with mud and turn into slicks. Even with ladder chains it can be a problem moving around on a slight slope.

I will try to attach a photo of slick tires if I can did one up. Still, I like the R4s. If I were to buy a B3030 next year I don't know if I would buy R1s or R4s. R1s are a little narrower, so would give more clearance for chains if you were to use chains. I have wished for R1s when slipping and sliding on wet surfaces, but somehow have always managed to get out, with a little help from the loader (and backhoe when it was on).

While I don't know how much difference there may be, it has been suggested by others here at TBN that R1 tires may be more likely to puncture through the side walls.

PS...those are R4 tires on the tractor in the picture... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 552033-mudtire (512 x 384).jpg
    552033-mudtire (512 x 384).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 487
   / ordered B3030 today #6  
Another pic...the tractor would not take this path if it had a 60" bucket on it.

For moving in your forrest the narrower bucket may make a huge difference when trying to get between points A and B... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 552035-DSCN8878 (580 x 435).jpg
    552035-DSCN8878 (580 x 435).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 516
   / ordered B3030 today #7  
I use a B2910 with 60" bucket, and a TC24D with 54" bucket, both tractors are the prior models to the two machines you looked at. For your circumstances, I think the 30hp B3030 is your better choice. Both of my machines have R4 Industrial tires on them and I find that they can clog with my clay soil pretty quickly so since you are not using your machine on turf, the R1 Ag tires might be a better choice for you. As for the bucket size, I think Henro makes some very valid points. I find that the 54" bucket digs easier than the 60" bucket, I also find the 60" bucket can be overloaded with material a little easier. I've gotten to the point that I amost only use the TC24 in the woods because of two reasons, one is the width of the machine and the other is the length . . . BUT my woods are only a couple acres so I take care NOT to carve my paths wider than necessary because I need to presever what I can. Both machines have advantages and disadvantages, but on your size property I think the B3030 was the wise choice. Consider changing tires to AG tires. If you are digging, you might want the smaller bucket, if you are hauling, the larger bucket is a nice choice.

/ ordered B3030 today #8  
I would suggest getting filled R1's for extra traction.

BTW, when are you expecting delivery of the nice B3030? Late February or early March?

/ ordered B3030 today
To answer a few questions, the delivery time is March. I don't think they really know. The HSD means hydro and the F means folding ROPS. The quick coupler on the FEL is a B2365. Now with some more questions. 6" on the FEL makes that much difference? My paths will be 10' wide in the woods for shooting lanes and atv riding. With this in mind, do you still suggest the 54" loader? How much narrower is the ag tire than the R4? Most of the ground will be forest ground, clover, and grass. It still gets very muddy at times.

/ ordered B3030 today #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It still gets very muddy at times. )</font>
For what you have described, the ag tires sound like a better choice. The B class machines have a relatively high horsepower to weight ratio. As a result, they are more trailerable than the heavier models, which you touched on, but you give up some traction. I have R-4s and would get them again, but my soil drains quickly and mud is not much of an issue for me.

On bucket size, I have a 54" and have never wished for larger.