FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!!

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #1  

RONM

Tractor
KUBOTA BX2230
Hello, I would like to say thank you to everyone who posts advice on this site about what to look for when buying a tractor. I did it! I just bought a BX2230 w/FEL and 60"MMM. I looked at everything from green, to blue, to red, to every other color that they come in and I kept going back to orange. I have been looking since June 2004 and I didn't want to say "maybe I should have looked at that other brand or ...?" I used to use a Ford 9N with a loader and brushhog to cut between my christmas trees but now as they are getting bigger, I need a smaller tractor or I'll damage the lower branches. I sold the 9N but I do miss the FEL (even though it was a trip loader). I have been using a Wheel Horse 520H with a 48" side discharge mower to cut my lawn and changing decks to a 42" rear discharge to cut between the christmas trees but this was killing my back as I have to wrestle and fight with the decks to get them off and on. I've been to the chiropractor too many times from fighting with the decks (even if I am extra careful). It is a nice tractor and I am using it now with a front mounted snowblower and will use it in the future with just the 42" mower for between the trees. I started to look at the BX1500 but based upon what I read on this website, and thinking more about what I would need in the future, I felt it was just a little too small for my future needs. I looked at the BX1830 but again, based on what I was reading on this website, for $500.00 more I went with the BX2230. The 4 extra horses will be welcomed especially for my future needs. I was also going to buy the 54"MMM but again, searching though all the posts for advice, I bit the bulllet and paid a little more for the 60"MMM. I also was looking for a good dealer. I found one. They have an excellent reputation for service and I even witnessed it when someone came in with a problem. They bent over backwards to help this guy. They even told me that they look at TractorByNet all the time. I did meet up with another dealer who had an attitude of "you will be lucky to even buy this tractor from us". I just walked away. So I fell in love with the BX and I finally bought one. Thank you all for helping me (you probably didn't even realize that you were). You experienced "posters" probably don't realize just how helpfull you are to all of us "newbies" when we seem to ask the same questions over and over and over. I love this website. I will be getting my Kubota next week. I am treating it as a christmas present to me. I will have to keep telling myself that it "is" supposed to be for work and not to be considered for fun? right? I feel like I just joined an exclusive club. Have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!!!

BX2230/FEL/60"MMM (I've been waiting to do that)

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #2  
RONM,
Welcome to TBN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congrats on the new Kubota. There a lot of informed people here, just don't hesitate to ask questions and be sure to include your experiences. And there is a rule that isn't posted. PICS /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

edit.........Happy Holidays to you and yours as well

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I sold the 9N but I do miss the FEL )</font>
I thought you said you got a FEL with the new tractor?

Anyhow welcome to the forum, hope you will be a long time addition. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #4  
Welcome to TBN Ron. I guess TBN isn't new to you, but you're new to TBN! I think you made a great choice and you'll be very happy with the BX. And don't feel bad... I recently Merry Christmased myself with a B7300. Keep us posted on how it works out for you. And ohh yeah... PICS!

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #5  
RONM
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Congrats on the new tractor.
I sure you will enjoy you new BX.
Update your profile so that we can better help you with information when you post in the future.

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #6  
Congrats on your purchase.

I've had my 2200 for 1.5 years. You will LOVE it!

I bought the 54" mower as I have narrower gates to get into. I also have a 52" Bush Hog tiller. It just gobbles up my heavy clay soil.

At times, I long for more horsepower as I try to push the 2200, but it does all it should for its size. I know myself well enough NOT to go back to the dealer and look some more--it would cost me too much money and the Admiral would use the 2200 FEL to bonk me on the head (or did a hole to bury me!).

Post info in the profile and let us know how you plan to use the BX. Lots of great info on this site!

Merry Christmas!
ron

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #7  
Congrats, on your new bx2230. I to bought one in july. I also looked at all the other brands, and went back to the Bota. I have the 54"mmm and the snowblower that I haven"t used yet but I know I will. Two weeks ago I did my 50 hour service and it went easy. I just came up from my garage, after mounting two 6" convex mirrors. The only other improvements I made was to replace the 1156 headlight bulbs with 50 watt bulbs that I bought from Auto Zone, and I added the work light from Kubota to my ROPS bar. I can see perfectly. So enjoy your holidays, I know where you"ll be , riding your tractor.

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!! #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have been using a Wheel Horse 520H with a 48" side discharge mower ...... It is a nice tractor and I am using it now with a front mounted snowblower )</font>

I had one of those before I bought my BX2200. They are great tractors! It'll really throw snow but that blower is a pig to put on and take off! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif And once you have mowed with the BX you'll never want to go back to the Wheel Horse! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BX AND BOUGHT IT!!!
Thank you. I just updated my file. I will post pictures when I have it delivered. I feel like a kid in a candy store and can;t wait to get it. Sometimes I hate cutting the grass but I am actually looking forward to it now. I already have a list of projects to do. I am ordering the "tiny tach" for it and will follow the installation posts that I found here in the forums. Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!