LA272 vs. LA302 FEL for B7510

/ LA272 vs. LA302 FEL for B7510 #1  

tractorless

I just received a price from my Kubota dealer for a B7510HSD with a LA272 loader. I was originally looking for this tractor with a LA302 loader. I know the rating of the LA272 is only 65 lbs. less than the LA302.

The LA272 is $1,000 less than the LA302. Will I be unhappy with the LA272? Is the 272 lacking any features the 302 has? Do the loaders look the same, or does one look a little cheap? I could use the money I save on implements.

/ LA272 vs. LA302 FEL for B7510 #2  
I don't know the specifics on these loaders, but the general rule seems to be get the strongest loader you can, the backhoe with the longest reach, the tractor with the most power, and on and on...

But if the difference in price truly is $1,000 if it were me I would go with the slightly smaller loader. You lose 10% lift capacity, but maybe save 25% in cost. Are you sure of those prices? Or is the dealer just trying to unload a loader that nobody wants on a new tractor. I would want to know for sure...somehow that price difference does not sound right.

As a matter of fact, this helpful web site shows the difference in price between the two loaders as being only about $250. So now you might wonder how honest the dealer you are dealing with is. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

For that difference in price, I would certainly not settle for less than the LA302, unless the dealer is giving you a really good deal, and discounting the smaller loader just to sell it.

It might help if you tell us what the quoted prices are. Someone might be able to give you better advice.

But at least this is a start! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ LA272 vs. LA302 FEL for B7510
I have been quoted the following price for the B7510HSD tractor:

$13500 - Kubota B7510HSD with LA272 FEL, R4 industrial tires filled with calcium, block heater, 54" MMM (RCK54-24B).

$14,300 - with LA302 loader.

It appears the dealer would have the LA302 loader and have installation charges and this is why the difference is so much.

I will be using the loader for dirt/sand work, horse stall work, and landscaping rock. Will te LA272 be sufficient?

/ LA272 vs. LA302 FEL for B7510 #4  
I have an LA272 on my B7400 and have yet to be disappointed in any way. My tractor is only 16 hp but it will lift that bucket all the way, heaping full of anything I've put in it to date (mostly sandy soil or gravel). Sometimes I have to work at smaller bites to break a bucketfull out of a compacted pile of soil. Never used a LA302 so I can't compare them, but the 272 beats a shovel and wheelbarrow nine ways to Sunday.