L245DT

/ L245DT #1  

twodogs

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am considering the purchase of an L245DT. It includes a 5' finish mower and a plow. It has 1700 hours on it. The seller is asking $5600. I would appreciate any feedback.

/ L245DT #2  
As tractors get older the fair price range gets wider, depending on condition and what kind of life it has had. I would guess a L245DT would be worth that if it is decent - good rubber, good sheet metal, no leaks, no obvious major weld repairs, soft parts in good shape. 1700 hours can really show unless the owner has maintained it well. The early Kubota models are high quality tractors and with proper care they can last forever. Any chance of posting a picture?

/ L245DT #3  
I bought a one-owner L245T last summer for $2500 from my local Kubota dealer. It's a 1980 model with just over 500 hours. I was pleased as punch to find it, since I can't afford new. I added a Land Pride 4 ft. rotary for $1100. This set up has worked out great for since I only needed it for brushcutting, which I have had a lot to do. It also came with the original owner's manual which has an exhaustive parts breakdown which has come in real handy. You did not mention where you live this could make a difference. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ L245DT #4  
My neighbor bought a L225 a couple months ago. He paid $5000 for it. It came with turf tires, 2 wd, no front end loader (FEL), no mid mount mower (MMM) and about 900 hrs on the tach. But it DID come with a box blade, rear blade and a brand new 72" Rhino finish mower.

I think it was pretty good price. He likes it a lot.

I dont think you can go wrong with that purchase. The seller will probably get his price. Just my $0.02 worth.

dwight