B2710 and Serial Number

/ B2710 and Serial Number #1  

danbuf

Tractor
Kubota B3030, ford 860, & Deere 445
I am looking to purchase a B2710 from a local dealer.
I have visited 2 dealers, and was about to strike a purchase with the friendlier, more accomodating dealer.
However, upon inspection of the 2 machines, I found that the friendly dealer is trying to sell me a 2710 that has a serial number in the 14,000 area. This appears to be not a current machine, as it only has the single hydraulic filter.
The other dealer has the newer machine with the 2 hydraulic filters, and in the 51000 serial number range.
I did watch the dealer put it together, so I assume it was in his warehouse stock for a while.

1. Is the single filter a problem waiting to happen, is there a retrofit that Kubota will install at my request?
2 Are there other improvements to the more current machines over the "older" serial number machines?
3. What are the current serial number ranges?

Thanks to all you guys here for the great information.
I certainly wouldn't have been aware of the two filter upgrade.
The dealer didn't mention it, or wasn't aware of it.
But I suppose to him its a new machine that hadn't been sold yet.
Thanks,

Jim

/ B2710 and Serial Number #2  
Jim, my serial number is 12429, purchased new in July '99 (delivered in August). You're right about the single filter machine being made earlier; however, I can't say whether that's important or not. I"m quite happy with mine.

Bird

/ B2710 and Serial Number #3  
Our serial # 12183,purchased in August '99.Birds comments reflect my own.The 2710 has been a very good tractor so far.

/ B2710 and Serial Number #4  
dlla: now i am confused!/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif is it JIM OR DAN? being from your area am curious as to which dealer u chose. aslo do not think the dual filter is that much of a major factor.but if it is one that has been at dealer for awhile i hope they gave u a good price.

/ B2710 and Serial Number #5  
Bird ... hiya ... in another post ... I discussed a test drive on a B2710 this morning. Dealer said this was a 2001 model (138 hours). It, however, had only the left side filter. Unfortunately I didn't get the serial #. Do you know if any 2001s were shipped with single hydro filter?

Has any TNBers added the 2nd filter? Kit? Big Job?
THanks!

/ B2710 and Serial Number #6  
Doug, you'll notice above that dlla (Jim) says he saw a new 2710 with the two filters in July '01, and I saw a new one on the dealers lot in Feb. or Mar. '01. So, I really don't know when they changed from the single filter and two strainers to the two filters, but suspect it was the same time they started producing the 2910. I'm not sure I could find it, but someone posted a message about his dealer converting his single filter 2710 to the dual filters and if I remember right, it was a major job that involved splitting the tractor, replacing hydraulic lines, etc.

/ B2710 and Serial Number #7  
Jim
My parts list shows that Serial #s 50101 and above have the 2 filters. The parts list is dated March 2000. I purchased my 2910 tractor in May of 2000.
There are many 2710 out there that have only one filter. These tractors have a screen on the suction line. A small number of these tractors with 1 and 2 filters have had some problems with power steering not functioning properly when hot. My tractor had this problem until <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> made some changes under warranty. There is another TBN member that had one with the one filter setup. He had similar problems as mine. <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> did warranty work to repairs his also.
If the dealer is offering you a good deal on the low serial # 2710, you should find it is just as good a tractor as the higher serial #.
Problems may arise when you try to sell the tractor and the Serial #’s are checked. It will show it was built in 1998 or 99. It will give a lower value than a higher serial # tractor with the same hours.
At this time I plan on keeping my 2910 for many years. Serial # will not matter 10 to 20 years from know. Condition and number of hours will determine its value.

/ B2710 and Serial Number #8  
Good Evening Kubota owners, I purchased a used B2710 and I'm new to my tractor. Is there glow plugs on Kubota B2710? Also, looking for a manuals operator and shop. Thanks.

/ B2710 and Serial Number #9  
Good Evening Kubota owners, I purchased a used B2710 and I'm new to my tractor. Is there glow plugs on Kubota B2710? Also, looking for a manuals operator and shop. Thanks.

Congrats on the new tractor.

Glow plugs: Yes

Manuals: Your local dealer can supply or here's a link to Messick's (scroll downward to find manuals) for reference. Kubota B271 Parts

/ B2710 and Serial Number #10  

I got my manuals years ago from Kubota dealer. $$$$$
Recently I have found .PDF manuals on EBAY.