BX23 - mfg date vs sale date

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #11  
well after looking up the page I had printed out iS the engine serial number that I had a page for.

My apologies to You and all for My erroneous post concerning the serial number.

Attached is what I have. Again My apologies to all for My senility. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 608745-Engine serial number (608 x 786).gif
    608745-Engine serial number (608 x 786).gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 168
   / BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is the date of manufacture that determines the year of the tractor, not the sale date. If it were the sale date, then a tractor that was built in 2000 and never sold until 2005 could be called a 2005 tractor? This is why when ordering parts sometimes, they need the tractor serial number to get you the correct part. Production specifications change as production continues from year to year, but on the surface, they all look alike. )</font>

I have agree with Junkman.
Any machine I have ever worked on, to get the correct parts etc. they need to know the Mfg. date/serial #'s. The of date purchase doesn't make a bit of differance.(for warrenty maybe, thats it).
I can use my JD 850 as an example. I purchased this tractor used years ago. I know it is a 1978 model by the owners manual/serial #'s Etc. Thats the year I order parts for. I don't know the original selling date, but even if it wasn't sold till 1981 that does not change the fact that this is a 1978 model year tractor..

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #13  
One problem with using the engine number for the year of manufacture of a tractor is that the engines are made in Japan and shipped in containers to the USA where the BX is assembled. The engine could possibly be 6 months old and be put into a tractor that is manufactured in March 2005. That would mean that your tractor is a 2004 model? I still maintain that it is when the tractor is assembled that determines the year of the tractor, just like cars and trucks. Still waiting to hear from people that purchased there tractors in 2005 that have a certificate of origin.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #14  
I know for a fact the one I purchased arrived in December 2001 as the dealership got 12 BX'S at one time. Mine came out of that lot.

I agree with You on the serial number....I do know the dealers can look up this information.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #15  
Request a Certificate of Origin from your selling dealer and when it comes, let us know what date information it has on the Certificate. To simplify the process for the dealer, give him the serial number that is on the tag on the front right hand side of the frame rail. It is good to have this Certificate as proof of ownership for insurance purposes if the tractor were ever stolen.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #16  
I do have one and the Model year is 2002.

It has the original invoice number as well

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #17  
Just an FYI for those who may not be tractor junkies... tractors are not like cars. The "model year" is not nearly as important as the number of hours on the machine. A 2001 BX2200 with 100 hours will probably have more value than a 2004 BX2230 with 500 hours.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just an FYI for those who may not be tractor junkies... tractors are not like cars. The "model year" is not nearly as important as the number of hours on the machine. A 2001 BX2200 with 100 hours will probably have more value than a 2004 BX2230 with 500 hours. )</font>

That is true, however, the question remains in my mind... If I purchase a left over BX22 or BX2200 that was manufactured in late 2003 from a authorized Kubota dealer in March 2005, and request a Certificate of Origin along with the purchase, will that Certificate indicate that I have purchased a 2005 tractor or will it reflect the date of manufacture, which is 2003? Since you are employed at a Kubota dealership, this should be a easy question for you to find the answer to. Thanks Junk..

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #19  
I have no idea, I have only ever had 2-3 customers ask for those papers and if I recall Kubota sends them straight to the customer. While it might give the owner a good feeling about having a "model year" it does little to nothing to determine the value of the tractor.