BX23 - mfg date vs sale date

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #1  

lww05

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX23
Just to verify, if ever in the future I would want to sell my newly aquired BX23, I would represent it as a 2005 model to the buyer, right or wrong?

I know the tractor was shipped new to the dealer in March of 2004 and I just bought it in March of 2005.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #2  
The tractor value books I have seen determine the year model and value by the serial number. This would probably mean that your BX23 would be listed as a 2004 model.

Vernon

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #3  
Iww05
The sale date is what determines the year of the tractor. Yours would indeed be an 05 model.
Lewis

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #4  
It is the date of manufacture that determines the year of the tractor, not the sale date. If it were the sale date, then a tractor that was built in 2000 and never sold until 2005 could be called a 2005 tractor? This is why when ordering parts sometimes, they need the tractor serial number to get you the correct part. Production specifications change as production continues from year to year, but on the surface, they all look alike. The BX snowblower is a good example of this. The fan shear pin design has changed at sometime along the way, but the basic designation of BX2750 hasn't changed at all.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date
So to be totally upfront with a used buyer (or new buyer like me), seller should inform the other as to these dates if they are indeed different from each other. Mfg date to get the right parts when needed and sale date incase the unit could possibly still be under warranty.

Also, (just to keep the thread alive /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) does the Kubota warranty transfer only if the tractor is sold through a Kubota authorized dealer?

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #6  
I don't have a copy of the manufacturers warranty, however, generally warranty's are transferable to subsequent owners by notifying the manufacturer of the transfer. Some manufacturers will have a transfer fee that must be paid to make the transfer, and these are usually spelled out in the original warranty. When I inquired of Kubota about buying a used tractor, they told me that the balance of the machines warranty was transferable without cost. That was in September 2003. I don't know what the policy today would be, but I doubt that it has changed. A telephone call to any of the Kubota regional offices will give you the definitive answer. Also keep in mind that the warranty starts when the first retail sale takes place. If the selling dealer didn't register that first sale with Kubota, then the date of manufacturer is usually considered when determining the start date. I would be inclined to believe that all Kubota dealers register the sale of the tractor when they make it, so this shouldn't be a problem. Junk..

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #7  
I hate to disagree with Junkman but according to the regional Kubota rep the sale date is considered the model year. He said Kubota may produce a batch of a particular model and by the time it sits in the warehouse for a while, then sits on the dealers lot for a while, some period of time goes by before it is sold so the original in-service date is considered to the equivalent to what we familiarily call the model year.

If you sell it you would be correct in representing it as a 2005 model.

A knowledgable tractor buyer will pay more attention to the hour meter and the overall condition than the model year.

Bill Tolle

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #8  
The best way that I know to resolve this question is to request a Certificate of Origin for the tractor. That Certificate will state the year of the tractor. My certificate of origin shows the selling dealers name and the invoice # from Kubota to the dealer. If anyone here has a Certificate of Origin for there tractor and they purchased it early in the year, then there is a good chance that it was built during the year before you purchased it. What does your Certificate of Origin say????? Certificate of Origin is only available to the original purchaser through the original selling dealer. Junk.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #9  
Paul,
I finally got My certificate of origin , Mine shows up as a 2002 Model Year but looking up the serial number it was actually manufactured in 2001.

I purchased mine on March 26,2002.

/ BX23 - mfg date vs sale date #10  
Where can you look up the serial numbers to find date of manufacture???? thanks Junk..