There is a Carver Equipment

/ There is a Carver Equipment #1  

Wes Crawford

Tractor
JD 4410
Recently on a driving trip from my home in Indiana to Florida for some R&R, on to Virginia for a meeting and then to Pennsylvania to visit family, I had the opportunity to pass through Dunn, North Carolina on I-95. Remembering from this forum that Dunn was made famous by Carver Equipment, I decided to follow my nose to the smell of new tractors and stop and say hello.

Carver Equipment is indeed real and Steve Carver is a real gentleman. He took the time to give me a tour of his business and introduced me to some of his employees. We discussed some of the topics from the forum and I got a little more insight into owning a Kubota Tractor. I'm not a proud owner yet, but when a land deal of mine is settled, it won't be long until I place an order. Certainly I will consider Steve Carver and his fine reputation for service and competitive prices.

So, if anyone wondered if there was a real Carver Equipment, I can attest that I drove there, kicked the dirt, sat on new Kubotas, saw scores of Kubota tractors in their crates ready to be assembled, and shook the hand of an internet entreprenaur.

/ There is a Carver Equipment #2  
Thanks for the on-site-report. I'd be interested in any views from someone who has dealt with Carver and actually purchased a tractor on-line and had it shipped out of state.

/ There is a Carver Equipment #3  
There was a purchaser a couple of months ago, who detailed his experience in buying from Carver (NC) and having it shipped to Calif. The report couldn't have been more positive. Maybe Muhammad can locate that post from the old forum and repost here, or provide a link so you can read it. I know Carver is generally regarded as the "Dealer's Dealer" and a frequent and very generous participant in this forum.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ There is a Carver Equipment #4  
Dug50, Like BobT said, in the archives, you can find some messages from folks who bought their tractors from Carver. I bought my tractor locally, before I even heard of Carver, but I did order my shop manual and parts manual from Carver, I've ordered filters from Carver (everything arrived promptly as promised), and when I had questions about putting fork lift forks on my front end loader, Steve sent me an unbelievable amount of very good information. The only reason I didn't buy forks from Carver was because my brother did some trading locally for a set and gave them to me. I haven't heard of anyone who went wrong dealing with Carver Equipment.

Bird

/ There is a Carver Equipment #6  
I just re-posted one of the comments from the archive, posted by a gentleman who bought from Carver Equipment out of state.

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ There is a Carver Equipment #7  
DUG50: I live in northern California and I bought a Kubota 2500d in Sept. of 1999. Talk about a painless experience. I worked with a sales person Bobby Parker (I don't believe he is there anymore) and from start to finish it was one of the easiest purchases I have made anywhere. The sales staff and Steve Carver will answer any question you have and encourage you to ask them. The price was right and compared to what I could get locally it was about three grand cheaper and two months faster. I got the 2500d with a front loader and a 4' Rollins mower. I have since purchased a box blade to keep my road in shape and help with leveling some of my fields. Once the tractor was loaded onto the truck it only took three days from North Carolina to California. I don't know where you are located but the shipping costs to me were a push with the sales tax I didn't have to pay. If you are closer you could save even more money. I did most of my dealing over the internet with only a couple of telephone conversations with the crew at Carver. Great bunch of guys. I'd reccomend them to anyone wanting a good deal.