Is this a scam? Another ebay scam

/ Another ebay scam #1  

andrewimbrogno

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E
IT seems like there is yet another kubota tractor scam on ebay. This time u can buy a b2910 with a new 19ft trailer for only 3500...seems like a complete scam and unfortunately theres have been many bids...was wondering if neone could report this because i dont have an account with ebay i just browse it every now and again web page

/ Another ebay scam #2  
Gee, another scam on Ebay..shocking......

PS. Welcome to Ebay. I know there PayPal Buyer Protection is a TOTAL JOKE! There is no protection here. And have been taken for over $200 and never got it. There is a HUGE loop hole with there "protection".

/ Another ebay scam #3  
Well, I don't get it. The seller has a feedback score of well over 200, with a 99.6 rating, but he has never sold anything on EBay before. All the bidder names are blocked, and this shows as a private auction. I didn't know you could do private auctions.

Weirder still, it is listed as BuyItNow for $3500, but there was a $3500 bid, which must not have been placed BuyItNow. Why would a bidder just bid the BuyItNow price and not click on the BuyItNow button.

The whole thing seems strange.

/ Another ebay scam #4  
BUYER BEWARE! If a deal looks too good, it probably is. I've never used E-Bay, and probably never will because of this type of thing. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Another ebay scam #5  
Ebay is going down the tubes....

/ Another ebay scam
After looking at the users comments it seems like he doesn't seel nething on ebay, he just buys off of it. And i'm assuming his has another ebay account to try and start a bidding war. Ebay is not always this bad. I have only used it once to get a rare book that is out of publication and i must say it was a very smooth transaction...I would never buy nething big off of ebay though...i got hte book for 10 dollars which is less then what u would have paid for it at a book store...i prob wouldn't try on nething over that. I have heard that there are many lawsuits pending in courts over ebay transaction...if you a lucky enough to track down the seller...ebay has BUY BEWARE written all over it

/ Another ebay scam #7  
Someone posted recently that he looked into several ebay tractors and they were *all* scams!

Last week I saw Three Auctions in Northern California for loaders worth $25-30k. I wrote asking if I could drive one before bidding.

The seller replied:

"The caterpillar is in perfect condition,with no scarches on it,no dammage.
Buy it now price with shipping taxes included is $4300.
The buyer will receive this along with all papers and recipts that he needs to register it in his name.
He will receive the keys,owner manual...
The caterpillar is in Slovakia and it will be shipped from here on my expence so,please REPLY WITH YOUR NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL.
Shipping will be done via Samskip and it will take no more then 6 days.I have a friend at Samskip who will manage me a low price shipping and I assumed that it is from me to pay for shipping it.When I will shipp it,I will declare it as a gift so that you will pay no customs when you will receive it and for this it will be delivered directly to your address.
Also, I have to let you know that I want a proof that you have all the money availble for this deal as I will shipp it in the same day or next day morning, ...

Ya, sure.

After I sent my note (via ebay) I got a cautionary note from Ebay and the auction disappeared that I had inquired about. His other two auctions went to completion with several bidders.

Buyer beware!

/ Another ebay scam #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IT seems like there is yet another kubota tractor scam on ebay. This time u can buy a b2910 with a new 19ft trailer for only 3500...seems like a complete scam and unfortunately theres have been many bids...was wondering if neone could report this because i dont have an account with ebay i just browse it every now and again web page )</font>

Done. This is about the 4th one I've reported this month.

/ Another ebay scam #9  
gsxr: I'm new to ebay as I am to a lot of things. Couldn't care less about paypal's nor ebays "protection". If I don't get the item in 60 days, the visa card charge gets disputed. No I'm not "verified" by paypal, never will be. What am I missing? How can one be out $200.

/ Another ebay scam #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ebay is going down the tubes.... )</font>

I don't think so. You should wish you were doing this good.

For fiscal 2004, Ebay's net revenue was $3.27 BILLION dollars, up 51% fromn 2003.

Fiscal 2004 net income was $778 MILLION dollars, up 76% from 2003.

Ebay 2004 financial press release