Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bota BX23

Default What maintenance parts to get when buying a BX-23?

Greetings gentlemen.

After lurking here for a couple of years, I'm finally getting very near to buying a BX-23.

I live far away so I can't get back to the store in a snap.

Any parts I ought to buy right now to keep as reserve? I have been thinking about a extra set of tires, extra filters and maybe a couple of tines for the tiller.

I have also noted that there is a short top-link out there for the BX.

Here's what I'm buying:

Bx-23, 12 inch bucket, industrials, big alternator, tiller, box-blade, loaded tires back, tooth-bar, wear-blade and block-heater.

Any and all advices will be highly appreciated. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Default Re: What maintenance parts to get when buying a BX-23?

I think you would also need some Super UDT fluid and a spare HST fan.

Spare HST fan. Is there a problem with the old ones?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23

It's out in the open and unprotected. I've read enough stories here of how people have damged their fan, to want to have a spare handy.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

If you are in the "rough" fairly often, having a spare fan will guarentee that your origional will last for years. If you don't have a spare yours will get broken within an hour. lol

I would suggest getting a couple of hydro filters and engine oil filters right away along with at least 3 gallons of Super UDT. (Enough for one change plus a little) I switched to Rotella in the motor at the 50 hour service, so that would be up to you if you want "kubota" motor oil on the shelf.

Getting the "Shorty" top link is up to you. I would recomend it, myself. $20 for a Tisco JSA1009 top link is well worth it. IMHO. These are great especially if you are going to box blade or back blade with the tractor.

[b] <font color="red"> DO NOT LEAVE THE DEALER WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE HAT!!! </font> [b]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX 22

An oil filter wrench as the filters are not of a common size found in most auto stores. A grease gun if you do not have one.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota BX-22.......couple of sears riding mowers that the neighbors were throwing away at one time or another.

how about an extra set of tires..... turf tires
    about $300 american. if you are that far away it may be money well spent in downtime/convenience.

My best friend moved to outside Oslo about 4 years ago. I need to get over there someday.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330

An extra set of tires is a good idea. I have two sets with my BX and I know that if something happens I have another tire to keep me working. Super UDT fluid too is important

Tractor
    BX 2230

Well I will also say filters(two sets +addl fuel), grease(6) and Hydro fluid(6 gal.){SUDT is up to you}. Maybe spare front and rear or if ags a set but check to see if a local tire dealer has them too. Some spare zerks and a spare or two quick couplings.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I don't see the extra fan and tires as being necessary. The little things I do agree with though. Since you are "far from the store", you might want to check out TractorSmart.Com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast