Default A lot of hours ?

I saw a 10 year old 4200 for sale out front of a guys house the other day and it had ~3000 hours on it. Is this a lot for a tractor that old? He said he wanted to get around 8,000 for it. Tractor looked nice but that seems like a lot of hours. He had a small cattle operation going and I think he used it for everything from plowing to spreading manure.

Tractor
    Kubota F2400

Default Re: A lot of hours ?

The hour meter on my F2400 read about 4500 hours and it was broken when I first looked at it, so who knows how many hours it has on it. I have put nearly 500 hours on it (the dealer replaced the hour meter before I bought it) and is still running strong with no problems. I was told that a kubota diesel engine should last at least 8000 hours so I wouldn't be too concerned about that aspect as long as the tractor has been well cared for. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master

Thats not that many hours. We have tractors at work with well over 10,000. I wouldn't worry about the engine... 8000 is a very conservative number if you ask me. I'd be more conserned with the hydraulics, cooling system, and other items that will wear out eventually. Just give it a good look over and test drive before you decide!

Good luck.

Tractor
    Ford NAA

3000 hours for $8000 sounds rediculous to me.