ended up with a B7800

/ ended up with a B7800 #11  
Doug,

Our Georgia clay can be a bear to dig in, too. Think hard about a tooth bar. I bought mine from Markham, and it made all the difference in the world. After the FEL itself, the best bang of the buck, most used attachment I've bought.

Congrats on your new workhorse. After a few days, you'll wonder how you survived this long without it!

/ ended up with a B7800 #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the folding ROPS would have been nice )</font>

It cost me about $150 to upgrade to the folding ROPS when I bought my B7800. Talk to your dealer about swapping.

I replaced the check chains Poppa complains of with the much better stabilizer system used on the B2910 (not including the telescoping portion). It it was easy to substitute them. All parts were about $140 from tractorsmart.com

You are right about the B7800 being light, and this reducing your traction. MFL is right about a toothbar. No one complains about having bought his toothbar, regardless of the brand.

You need to form the habit of using the parking brake. They can roll when you least expect it, even on slight slopes.

All in all, an excellent machine. You will have fun.