Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today!

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today!
Hi Charles, I've never owned a box blade before so I went on my dealers recommendation. We have a number of roads to build and lots of landscaping to do on our 96 acres. The rollover blade works like a champ. It has 2 blades, one for scraping and one for smoothing and of course the shanks. To go from one position to another is simple and can be done from the drivers seat. You simply pull the lever to release the lock, lower the blade and either drive forwards or backwards to 'rollover' the blade. We tried it out for an hour or so and it seemed to do what we wanted but we have a lot to learn on using a box blade, I'm guessing there is a lot of technique to learn.

I did have one success using it, I killed a large rattle snake with it! I was driving down a trail with our new 5030 and there it was, right in the middle of the road, a 4 foot rattler!. I contemplated for a moment on his fate (trust me, it was only a moment) but quickly ruled out any possibility of parole. Moments later 700 lbs of brand new Bush Hog box blade descended on his forehead. For this I do know, a box blade will kill a rattle snake (instantly!)

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Why did you choose a Roll Over Box Scraper in stead of a regular MBX 720 box blade. How does it work different and what are the benefits.

Charles
)</font>

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today! #22  
Thanks for the info. I have never seen a roll over box blade, although I have owned 3 regular box blades.

As for the snake note: Yesterday I pulled up a large stump by our house site and up came two nice fat Copper Heads...

Mr. 357 brought everything under control real fast.

I'm days away from ordering my L5030, just need to final all the details on my trade and select nessassary attachments...

I want them all but sometimes money get in the way....

Thanks again for the details about the rollover box blade.

I can't say enought about my WR Long Grapple. This thing is clearly the most used implement so far on my project.

Updated Pics of my 5030.

Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3
Picture #4

EDIT: Changed in-line pictures to clickable links to be more friendly to our dial-up users.

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today! #24  
Man, that is some grapple. I think I use mine more that any other FEL attachment I own.

I just purchased a landscape rake and tried it on my gravel roads today and it works better than any thing else I own for cleaning up wash outs and ruts. This was my first use of my TNT option and now I wonder why it's not standard. It's the only way to go....

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today! #25  
Nice set up! I really like your "monster grapple".

Here is a slideshow of our project so far.....we have cleared approx 50 acres and have approx another 20 to go. I want to get grass planted by fall so we may hold off on the lower 20 till next year. Can't say enough about the Kubota. It's a great machine, no problems to report (except for a broken headlight which was our fault-ouch!).

http://www.hetlage.com/images/DAV/DAVProject.pdf

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today! #27  
nice outfit and awesome presentation /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Ordered 5030HST w/lots of attachments today! #28  
Very nice slide show and thanks for sharing it. Pictures were very good. Good luck on the project. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Curt