Top-N-Tilt

/ Top-N-Tilt #1  

FL_Cracker

Platinum Member
Palm City, FL & Blue Ridge, GA & Freedom, WY
Tractor
Kubota L5030HST,R4 & Kubota RTV900R Utility Vehicle
I'm working hard at purchasing a new L5030HST. I was looking through some of the options and accessories to be sure I don't miss anything I should have and ran accross L8326 Top-N-Tilt. Can anyone tell me what this feature is and should I order it for a general farm use tractor that I will use to mow a 8 acre pasture, grade 2500' of gravel road, general work around a 50 acre mountain farm.

I do like cool features but this tractor w/ LA853 & BH90 and several attachments is already getting up their in price so I want only good options that apply to my kind of work.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this option.... Never had this, don't even know what it is so maybe I won't miss it..... ?????

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Top-N-Tilt
OK, I did some research and understand what top-n-tilt does. It's just a hydraulic replacement of the three adjustments on the 3PH.

Now here's my next question. I am going to order the BH90 backhoe which I understand the 3PH arms must be removed. In that case does the TnT option make it a nightmare to remove the arms or is it no big deal, just two lines and the arms with cylinders attached? It will be Kubota factory option.

Thanks,

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Top-N-Tilt #3  
The top and tilt cylinders and hoses usually come off easily enough. It might take 4 minutes to remove instead of 2. If you order the t-n-t from Kubota you'll have 2-3 sets of remote hydraulic couplings behind your seat. The t-n-t cylinder hoses would attach to the couplers. Disconnect the four hoses, remove the pins holding the two cylinders and you're done.

/ Top-N-Tilt #4  
The factory TNT kit for Kubotas only includes 2 cylinders. You have to order the remote valves seperately.

I would forego the Kubota cylinders and get ones with double pilot operated check valves. The cost will be about 50% less than Kubotas but the cylinders will be much better and the check valves will prevent drift. There are plenty of posts talking about check valves and TNT cylinders.

/ Top-N-Tilt #7  
I see from another post your are getting the standard Kubota remotes, all three. That's good since they are nicely integrated into the tractor. Pricey but good.

The L8326 $615 TNT kit is 2 cylinders and hoses. Much better units with check valves can be had from CCM (see previous post) for about half the Kubota price. The Kubota cylinders WILL leak down. The check valve cylinders will NOT.

/ Top-N-Tilt
Thanks, I looked at that web site and will make that change... I can see that if the Kubota cylendars don't have check valves they will be a problem.....

Again, thanks for the link to the tnt option....

/ Top-N-Tilt #9  
I use the CCM Top N Tilt system. You will LOVE a TNT. I also use a PHD on a fairly regular basis, so I have to remove the top cylinder to use that implement, its as simple to remove a hydraulic top link as it is to remove a standard top link. There are a couple quick disconnects to free the hose, but other than that, its a quick process.