72"MMM for B3030

/ 72"MMM for B3030 #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
72\"MMM for B3030

Has anyone bought/used the new RCK72-30B mower deck for a B3030? I feel a little funny buying a tractor model I haven't been able to test drive, much less cut some grass with. Still no dealers in my have a B3030 or B2630 assembled.

After reading some posts on R4s vs Turfs, I think I'll go with the R4s. If the front tires scuff up the grass too bad, then I'll get a spare set of front wheels w/ turfs. I think the rear R4s will be fine.

I don't know what I'd do without everybody's help on this forum. Thanks to all of you. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 72"MMM for B3030 #2  
Re: 72\"MMM for B3030

Try asking your dealer for a demo. They should be happy to do that if your not to far away. Settle on a price and have them agree to your approval on a demo. If it passes, it's yours. If you don't like it the take it back and you start over.

I think they will work with you....

/ 72"MMM for B3030 #3  

I had to wait on my MMM. The dealer said Kubota just hadn't shipped them out yet. I should get mine early next week - I'll let you know how it goes with the R4s after I mow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So far they don't see to rip up the turf too bad.

Has anyone taken delivery of the 72" MMM yet?

/ 72"MMM for B3030 #4  

Greetings.
I have a B3030HSDC with 72" deck and R4 tires. The R4's are hard on the lawn if it is damp soil conditions. In dry weather it is not so much of an issue. The big deck is fantastic and goes through tall wet grass like butter. If you are doing mowing as a primary job for the tractor I strongly suggest Turf Tires (mine are still on the way).
Jeff

/ 72"MMM for B3030

Chessie, I'm going for the R4s because my old Cub 7234 did not do well plowing snow. Also, the turf tires would slip on wet grass, I'd put the tractor in 4WD, and then the front tires would scuf up the turf anyway. My logic is : maybe the R4s would slip less on turf to begin with, I use 4WD on turf less, so less turf damage. Does this make sense? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif