B7510 Turf Special

/ B7510 Turf Special #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Anybody bought one? Or seen one? I went from a B7500 last year to a B7510, and at that time considered going from the 60 MMM (ground contact) to the 54" MMM (suspended). The dealer talked me out of it. I always wished I had the suspended style MMM like the BX runs just because of how bumpy my yard is. The cut would be much improved. Now, the Turf Special has a 60", not the 54" that used to be available, as it's standard mower. Does anyone know if this new deck will fit a standard B7510? The dealers are checking for me, and I can't see any reason it wouldn't. The Turf Speial is the same B7510, just with a different MMM. It still takes a loader, 3pt, etc., but I am looking for some experienced input. One dealer says no way. It's an expensive purchase if it doesn't work. Especially if there are Limited numbers of turf specials out there,which all have decks, and I can't get rid of it.

/ B7510 Turf Special #2  
I don't want to sound like a wiseguy, but how about working on making the lawn smoother as an alternative to another purchase. I'm working on putting in a lawn now and it's almost fun.

/ B7510 Turf Special #3  
Seen one at the dealers a few Sat's ago. Had Turf Special stickers on each side of the hood and turf tires. It looked pretty good.

The MMM looks very similar to the BX's 60" MMM but the connection linkages are understandably different.
The MMM is fully suspended and has a greasable balance shaft also.

Since I don't have the 7510 I can't comment on whether this new MMM would work on a std 7510 but the depth/setting adj is still on the rear on the 3PH setup. It doesn't have the depth guage like the BX.
I was seriously considering waiting on the Turf Special but couldn't get away from this particular BX23 that was sitting over on the front row, calling my name /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sounds like a good excuse to visit a dealer.

Volfandt

/ B7510 Turf Special
Boone,
I considered your alternative, but I don't have the money to buy a tiller to overturn 1-3/4 acres, and quite frankly, rebtal would still cost me a few hundred dollars, which is still more than what it would cost to trade in my current 60" MMM (ground contact) for the suspended type. Then, see, watering, straw, reseeding bare spots, etc... I just don't have the time. If I had more money and time (and who wouldn't say that) I would have some "fun" and till it up, regrade, and reseed.

/ B7510 Turf Special
Volfandt,
I am almost there, but it seems there may be a tire issue as I do not have the standard turf tires - I have BAR turfs (not R4's). I think another dealer was given wrong information saying Bar Turfs wouldn't work with the new 60" Suspended Deck. The dealer I bought the tractor from is checking on it now. I just hope there is no inconveniences in the height adjustment brackets being mounted on the rear of the tractor that would hinder standard peration/attachment/deattachment of implements on the 3 point. The dealer says no, but it looks like the bracket may be in the way to attach the top link. Anybody know about this from experience with the older 54" suspended MMM?