B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal.

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #1  

Jim_the_Gardner

Hello, this is officially my first post to this board and would like to say thanks in advance for any feedback I receive on this. I am in the final stages of buying a 2002 B7500 with 21HP a FEL and 54 MMM w/bagger for $14,000. I live in Massachusetts. This unit has only 66 hours on it and the FEL has had very little use. The current owner has stated that 30 or so hours of the 66 was spent cruising around the yard to break the motor in. Would any of you folks out there be able to tell me what your thoughts are on this deal and whether or not I am getting a fair price? Thanks again.

Jim

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #2  
That price looks high to me, I would advise that you slow down and do more research before buying that tractor.

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #3  
I have a 2002 B7500 hst with the 60" mmm but no fel. New I payed 11,400. Had I got the fel it was 3k more. Check a dealer for a new set-up on the 7510, I'm betting it'll be around the 14,500 mark or so.

Kubotas hold their value well but a new one wouldn't be much more than the one you're looking at.

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #4  
I agree with the other guys. Sounds high to me. If you keep shopping I think you'll find you can do quite a bit better.

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #5  
Last October I paid $11,900 + tax for a B7510 with LA272 FEL. Did not buy a mower.

I understand that there was a small price increase in January so it might cost a little more now.

Bill Tolle

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal.
Thank you all for your feedback. Believe me it made me reconsider finalizing the deal and question the asking price. I did a little research this morning and found that the best price I can get in my area for a new B7510 with everything I mentioned is $17,100 at a dealership in NH. All the dealerships in MA reasonably close to where I live were around $17,500 that is including sales tax. One was as high as $18,000. Based on this information would you still consider $14,000 a high price? I have read a number of threads where people have mentioned that buying tractors in the Northeast come with a premium price. THanks.

Jim

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #7  
Considering the bagger, etc, I never thought your price was too high to begin with. But then again, I tend to disagree with a lot of people. So I think the price is reasonable to good.

/ B7500 wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. #8  
It's not quite apples to apples, but i bought my 2000 B7500 with 302 FEL, 60"MMM and 7000lb trailer in March '05 for $11K. I live in southern MA and found the tractor in RI. The tractor had 144 hrs, garage kept and looked like new. The MMM had been barely used. The trailer has some rust, but it's an extremely beefy tandem wheel unit with electric brakes.

I'd say that 14K is a little high. It took a couple months before I found my setup and I was constantly on the lookout. My advice is to check the Heavy Equipment Trader magazine (sold in convienience stores every Friday), Ebay, equipmenttraderonline.com, this site, and call every dealer within a reasonable driving distance. Good luck.