3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #1  

jerryb1973

Tractor
1949 Farmall Cub
Is there any concerns to be had over buying a unit that has been sitting on the lot in the weather for 6 months?? Also, no oil shows on the transmission dipstick. One hour on the meter??? What do you think??

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #3  
I would want a "fresh" L3130. You should be able to find a good used L3130 4WD with a loader with less than 100 hours for a lot less money(14,000 - 15,000), but you can get 0% financing on a new one and on a used one the finance charge will be about 11% from the dealer.

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #4  
Some tractors that are 50 years old have always set outside. If the plastic trim is alright and there isn't water in the oil (shouldn't be) it would be alright.
On the oil, transmission fluid is so clear, you might have a real hard time even seeing it on the stick. Wipe it down from the top and watch the paper as you go down the stick slowly.

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #5  
Tractors are made to sit out in the weather for years.

May just be a model your dealer doesn't sell a lot of. I wouldn't consider 6 months to be an excessive length of time on the dealers lot.

As someone else commented re-check the hydraulic fluid. It is clear and I have a very had time seeing it. I have to hold it so that the light reflects off the dipstick in order to see the level.

I'll have to try the paper towel they suggested next time I check it.

The 1 hour is no concern at all. They put some of that on testing it after they assembled it and I would imagine they have moved it around the lot a few times. Look at the tother tractors on the lot, they will all have a little time on them.

Bill Tolle

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #6  
The two tractors I have boughten were purchased off the lot. It made them easy to test drive. Rather than getting my G2160 from a nearby dealer because my dealer said it looked too weathered, he ordered me a new one. I would think that if the seat, paint, tires, hoses... don't look weathered, then you shouldn't have a problem.
Mine our sitting outside right now getting "washed" by Mother Nature /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's about time we got some serious rain around here, they were getting quite dusty and bird poop looking, but then, they are tractors....

/ 3130 sitting on the lot for 6 months #7  
When I was shopping for my tractor in Jan/Feb. the dealer I finally chose, told me during one conversation concerning pricing he had given me that " If you can find an 04 model still on the lot it should be $700.00 less." I think he was referencing the steel surcharge that Kubota had added evidently around the new year. Sounds like this one might qualify. Just a thought