Skid Steer-type quick release buckets

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #21  
I've seen them at my tractor dealer. They convert skid steers to auto latch. It's a skid steer plate with two hyd cyl's inside. It latches to your existing QA and then all your attachments hydrauliclly attach to it. Not sure if you have to give up your front remotes to use it or if you bring another set of line out to the front just for it??? It didn't excite me a lot.

I'd be more interested in a QA system to replace the 3PH.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #22  
Actually, ATI does make one that converts the 3ph to skidsteer quick attach. I don't know how you would do the curl to pick up the implement though...

You can see it in their Product List on Page 13.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #23  
I went to my cat dealer and they have a replacement quick attach plate that works from a push button in the cab of their skid steers. It uses a couple small hydraulic cylinders to make the pins go up and down. It looked great and I didn’t think the kit price of $750 was as out of line as some attachment prices I seen. I change attachments all the time so I’m interested but so far I haven’t come across $750 that didn’t have something better to do.

Eric

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #24  
Charles

All of my use of the grapple has been picking up brush. I have not had the need to move the FEL and operate the grapple at the same time so no problem to drop my hand to close or open the grapple.

Vernon

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #25  
Bill

I saw a Bob Cat add on hydraulic latching system that clamps on to the levers and frame some time back on eBay. It looked to me like it could have been made to fit on the Kubota adapter. It went for more than I was willing to pay.

It was an old unit and I do not know whether it would still be available from Bob Cat.

Vernon

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #26  
Vernon,
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check with some of the local dealers and see if they ever heard of an aftermarket add-on for automatic latching systems.

Bill

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #27  
$495 for a 72" boxblade sounds kinda low. You may want to research boxblade construction and pricing at this forum. My Befco 72" cost nearly double what you've been quoted, and it's extremely robust. Either it's a great deal or a lighter unit.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets
$495 for a 72" boxblade sounds kinda low. You may want to research boxblade construction and pricing at this forum. My Befco 72" cost nearly double what you've been quoted, and it's extremely robust. Either it's a great deal or a lighter unit.

I need to do some research on box blades, just have been obsessing over which tractor to go with. I hope the box blade decision will be fairly easy in comparison. The $495 blade is made by Armstrong Ag, which my Kubota dealer recommends as better bang for the buck than Rhino BB which he also carries. I think Armstrong is a regional company. I have not looked at the Armstrong BB and compared it to the Rhino. It only weighs around 500 pounds, so obviously it is fairly light duty. My NH dealer carries/recommends the Bush Hog SBX line. Since I would be getting a smaller NH machine, would go for a 60 inch blade. It runs about $500 and weights 510 lbs. Is this a decent BB? I know heavier is better, but what else do I need to look for? I will do some searches and try to figure things out.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #29  
I'm not trying to sell you a Befco (I wish I could!), but I'll tell you what sold me. First, the large, heavy hitch pins and cotters in the rippers are easy on the hands, quick to change and hard to lose. Second, the welds, steel thickness and overall beefyness of the unit just made be think that for digging and moving alot of dirt my money would be better spent with the Befco. Also, my dealer had one on the lot, and the nearest available competitors that I could look at were Woods and King Kutter. KK was too lightly built, Woods seemed just fine, but sometimes a products just says, "yeah, I'm more, but you'll be happier with me". I understand that Midwest makes a nice one too.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #30  
My 3430 came with a woods loader and it's skid steer style quick attach. With under 12hrs on the machine I ripped the bucket off by deforming the lower pin holes while back dragging.

Maybe the Kubota bucket is tougher?

I also had a loaner 50hp Kioti with a Kioti skid steer style quick attach bucket. That bucket had angle welded around the lower pin hole which probably would have saved mine from getting ripped off.

I plan to take the bucket to work and modify it with angle so as to make stronger as the Kioti bucket is.