Skid Steer-type quick release buckets

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #1  

grwoolf

Bronze Member
I am looking at a L3130 and one of the options is a quick release for the bucket, like a skid steer. I assume this system is compatible with standard skid steer attachments (like bobcat system), correct? I like the idea of popping the bucket off easily without removing the entire fel. I also like the idea of being able to use the additional attachments up front, although many of them require additional hyd (more $). Does anyone have experience with the Kubot system or have an opition on it's durability? I have rented skid steers quite a bit over the last year and have had a couple machines with worn out latches, buckets that popped off etc.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #2  
Rental kind of says it all. Sure they are going to wear but people just don't take care of rentals. I have a LS180 New Holland SS and the latches were still in perfect condition after 595 hours. The front remote option is not all that much extra but it sure makes for a great system. I was only thinking of the QD on my new Kubota for changing FEL attachments but your idea to just drop the bucket to mow is great. I have to try it new time.

Charles

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #3  
grwoolf, I bought the QA last year with my tractor unsure whether It would be of any use. I've since bought a good set of adjustable forks and am extremely happy for the QA, actually my forks spend more time on the tractor than my bucket. They are litterally the tools of a thousand uses. The setup I have was built by ATI and is very well built and is skidsteer attachment compatible. I'm glad I have it now. Hope this helps.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #4  
I second that.......I really like the QA!

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( your idea to just drop the bucket to mow is great. I have to try it new time. Charles )</font>

Yes, about 15 seconds to do so. I now generally don't worry about taking loader completely off until mid summer; if then. I used to take the loader off every time I used the tractor to mow at all. The QA is great.

My neighbor (who I frequently mention - I wonder if he reads this? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) is extremely hard on his equipment, and his workers are even rougher on the stuff. I've never heard of a failure from them. I consider them the "proving grounds" for me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #6  
I would add one more comment for grwoolf's benefit. Although ATI has a great reputation and makes great equipment, the L3130 you're considering has a Kubota option for the skidsteer QA and you definately want to use that. It's a little lighter than the ATI and you're bond to get better integration since it's all coming from Kubota.

Kubota doesn't offer a skidsteer QA for my B3030, so I'm glad the ATI option is there for my situation.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #7  
grwoolf

By all means get the QA adapter. I switch between the bucket/grapple, pallet forks and tree shear frequently. I bought my L3130 with 3 remotes installed - cheaper that way. I have QD blocks installed at the front of the FEL for quick hydraulic changes.

I always drop the front attachment to mow for better visibility and rarely remove the FEL - mostly for tractor service.

I did put some washers under the springs on the Kubota QA to get more latch pressure. I could pop the tree shear off when in reverse in some rare situations.

Vernon

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets
Vernon,

I already have my 3130 priced with the 723 FEL and HD bucket.

Do you know what a decent price would be for the upgrade to the quick connect?

Also, can you educate me on what 'remotes' I need and about what they would cost to get now vs. adding on later? I don't know much about hydraulics, but I would really like a grapple bucket some day.

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #9  
It really doesn't matter when you install because it will always be a custom add on. I paid $ 800.00 to have 1 set of remotes added to my FEL. It's a little more then some quotes I heard but they change the joy stick out with a new joy stick that has a built-in trigger switch so I can switch from curl/dump on the FEL to grab/release on the grapple with just a pull of my finger. Sweat system...

/ Skid Steer-type quick release buckets #10  
Charles, how about a picture of that replacement knob for the joystick. I also want to get a hydraulic grapple for my B3030.

There was a lot of discussion about the control for a 4-in-1 bucket recently but we've had trouble finding out who makes that knob. I've attached a picture of it. I wonder if it's the same thing you're using.

Here's the Thread that talks about the 4-in-1 bucket and the control for it.

Attachments

• 676349-Control for 4-in-1.jpg
    676349-Control for 4-in-1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 398