*UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #1  

bota3400

Figured I would post an update to my previous posts where I discussed the new L2800 HST 4wd(DT) that had issues pulling 5 or 6 foot RFM. The dealer has found that the problem is deffinitely in the PTO system. All of the checks have proven that the engine is fine and can do anything you ask of it until you start the PTO spinning with an implement. The tractor was due to go back to the Kubota factory to be dynoed but has not been there yet due to time constraints. Seems like it was just a fluke for this one tractor right now. I will still get updates when the deffinite problem is solved.
On a brighter note, I just took delivery of a new L3400 HST DT(4wd) this evening. I got the following implements also: Kubota LA436 FEL, Befco C50 RD6 72" RFM and an E-Z Attachments toothbar installed on the bucket. Man this sucker does not even know that a mower is behind it in any speed! It is just a flat out HOSS!!!! I ended up out the door at $18k and financed 3/4 of that total for 72mos @4.99% thru Kubota for cheaper payments. I can always pay it off quicker if I decide to. I will post some pics asap. Thanks for all the advice and support from TBN forums. I will have a lot of fun for years to come with this setup! Thanks again,AL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #2  
Congratz and wishing you good fortune on the new tractor!

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #3  
   / *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #4  
Congratulations Bota...I just made a similar deal for nearly the same setup, except I opted for the gear drive. Its gonna be a great summer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...Tony

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #5  
Glad that you got things worked out. Good luck with your new tractor.

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400
Thanks for the warm welcomes/wishes on the new tractor. I will add the original reference link in the future also like it was recommended. I am glad that this tractor is ok but, I hate that the 2800 didn't work correctly at first. At least it is the same tractor still but with more hp. I am extremely impressed with the Befco RFM! You can't even hear it running hardly and leaves an awesome cut. My only question is this, my RFM has the hard tires and my land, to say the least, is not smooth, so the mower bounces a good bit over the clumps and such. Would air filled tires give a noticeable decrease in the bouncing?
I also learned that it is a lot easier to remove/install the FEL on a very level area with no slope. It took me a bit longer to get it reattched because I had it on a slight slope. I knew that I should had it on a flat surface but, ya know how things happen. Would it be adviseable to mow with the FEL attached or removed? Would the extra weight make the grass lay down much more? And before I forget, I have the option to get a front anti-scalp roller installed on the RFM for little of nothing. Will it make a great difference in my clumpy pasture like yard? Thanks again for all the advice and friendship,AL /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #7  
Hey, Al!
Sorry to hear about your issues with the L2800. Aside from some complaints about the 3pt lift, I haven't heard any gripes that indicate a problem with the model itself.
I've been doing alot of dirt work and often wish I had the hydro.
Power has not been an issue, but sometimes traction is! The weight of the L2800/3400 is a mixed blessing -- light enought for lawn work, but not always heavy enough for serious digging! Still, a good step up from, say, a 7800 or 3030.
If you use the FEL much, it might be a pain to take off every weekend, but it does weigh almost 900 pounds, which is bound to increase the chance of tire depressions in your lawn. I have a spare patch of smooth pavement where I set mine, on/off is easy, and make her much handier and lighter around the yard. It also gives a better front view and I can get a little closer when mowing. Maybe you can backblade a flat spot somewhere and put down some pressure treated planks or plywood to set her on?
I've heard nothing but good things about air-filled tires and anti-scalp. Good luck, and look foreward to hearing more from you! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Oh, please add to your profile! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #8  
I would remove the FEL for the agility and visability. After you get a flat surface and a little system for removing & installing the FEL then it will be nothing.
It takes me longer to install or remove 3pt stuff.

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #9  
Bota, I totally agree with wushaw. FEL off the 1st time took a few minutes because I was nervous. By the 2nd or 3rd time, you will have it off or on probably faster than you can attach the RFM!!. Sure takes the sweat out of getting around the trees! Shawn

/ *UPDATE* L2800 HST w/problems-Just got new L3400 #10  
Will you be changing your username to "bota3400"?