BX1
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 1500 and Bolens ST125

Default New Owner!

Well, I purchased the BX1500D w/ 54" MMM and LA181FL FEL. It has bar turfs which I'll tryout for awhile. Out the door for $10,143.68 ($9,430 + tax). To all who contributed comments and suggestions, thanks. The suggestions were great but it appears that dealers in this area give out the price of a unit and thats it. They take all the fun out of negotiations. I shopped 5 dealers and all were the same. This is the price, call me when you make a decision. Oh well. Delivery will be sometime next week as the loader has to be ordered. Its been two weeks since I mowed my yard. Think I should wait another week and give the thing a good workout??

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD

Default Re: New Owner!

I would mow now and not try to run the new tractor as hard when you first get it.

I know we are all ready to get with the chores when we get a new tractor but a little patience breaking it in right will, I believe, pay dividends in the long run. You may use that tractor for 20 years so do everything you can to take care of it from the first day.

The Operator's Manual will address the breakin period. I picked up the manual when I bought the tractor so I could read it over before the tractor arrived.

BTW, I found it very hekpful to re-read the manual about a month or 6 weeks after I got the tractor when I was more familiar with the operation. I found a few things in the manual that I had not noticed the first time I read it.

Bill Tolle

Tractor
    Kubota b7500hst

OK the clock is running, you have two weeks to plan the photo spread you now need to do for us. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900

I 2nd the photo spread.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 BX2230

Yes,

Please take pictures and don't work the new machine any harder than you need to at the beginning.

BX1
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 1500 and Bolens ST125

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure to take many photos. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think my 4yr old son is more excited than me! He has a little JD electric that he drives around the place like speed racer with its own little dump trailer. I think we'll both have fun with this.