T Series Lawn Tractors - Any good ?

/ T Series Lawn Tractors - Any good ? #11  
My neighbor has a TG1860 I have borrowed a couple of times (while I wait for delivery of my new BX2200, heh heh). I have to say the TG1860 is a great lawnmower. What a solid machine. Very smooth operation and runs great, mows at pretty good clip at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. I believe it has the same 18hp engine as the BX1800.

I agree with what you are saying though, I started out by looking at the TG1860. Then I decided to go for the G2160 garden tractor. But... wouldn't you know it... now I am getting the BX2200. When I figured in the snow removal with the FEL, and all the use I will get around the garden and landscaping with the FEL, that decided it in favor of the BX2200.

/ T Series Lawn Tractors - Any good ? #12  
My T-1760 with the water cooled engine is 3 yrs old w/205 hrs and runs very well and cuts very nicely.The
foot reversing is vg where a lot of turns & Shrubs.The price is high but it may be worth it..however,I wrote The CA office saying that the engineer who stuck the oil stick down where your skin is taken off unscrewing
it and the water drain setup should have to live with it for awhile. I am also a grunge who resents $28 for
an air filter and similar robbery for oil filters.The engine does stink a lot and the dealer couldn't stop it.
Other complaint is the shock absorbers for the seat were great for about 6 trips and then were no good and the dealer said replacements would be the same...of course I'm 240# and I guess they were made for small
orientals.
I took off the belt guards as they filled up with grass and everything making it a real job to clean.
Anybody know where to get filters a little more reasonable? I shudder to think what the shaft bearings
will cost when they go..they are the "sealed for life" type which means no greasing.I'm an old iron peddler
who believes in a grease gun.
Allez

/ T Series Lawn Tractors - Any good ? #13  
Has anyone ever repowered their T1400 with a larger hp or diesel engine?

/ T Series Lawn Tractors - Any good ? #14  
FYI. 17 year old thread.