L2350

/ L2350 #1  

gmt

I am interested in looking at a used Kubota L2350 w/ 28hp, but I have a few questions for anyone who may be able to help. This my first experience with tractors so please bear with me.

First, is it necessary to have power steering to attach a front-end loader? I was told by a local dealer that this is a must. I am curious b/c you see so many "old" tractors with buckets on them.

The tractor I am considering is a 1990 model with "reportedly" less than 600 hours. The asking price is around $6,000.
Does this seem reasonable? It appears from the pictures to be in decent shape.

Thanks for any advice on this.

/ L2350 #2  
I'm not sure about the tractor you are looking at so I won't comment on the price.

I can tell you that you do not have to have power steering but it would be a lot easier to operate if it had it. I have a B series with a FEL and it doesn't have power steering. It isn't too bad to operate, but, it is a smaller tractor than what you are looking at. It isn't any worse than driving a car without P/S. I don't have any trouble steering mine, but, if you are putting in a long day of operating it is a good idea to wear gloves as hours of turning has rubbed blisters on my hands without gloves.

BTW, you might check out Machinery Link for an idea on what the unit is worth. At the very bottom of the page there is a link for a "Used tractor price guide."

Hope this helps.

/ L2350
Dmans,
Thanks for the info. The power steering thing makes much more sense and fits with what I thought. The dealer I visited with made it sound as if you had to have PS to use a loader.
Also, thanks for the link. I had not found that one yet.

/ L2350 #4  
gmt
The L2350F is actually 25 gross engine hp, 20.5 at the PTO. Only available with manual steering, the 4WD model had PS. A good basic tractor although not nearly as operator friendly as the new L2800, L3400 models.
Lewis

/ L2350 #5  
We have a L2350 4wd with a front end loader. Ours has power steering and we use it for brush hogging, sickle mowing hay, raking hay, heck it even pulled a JD 14T square baler for a bit one day and did fine with it.

It is a basic gear model tractor, has a tach and a charge and an oil pressure light and a fuel gauge. Not real fancy but it works real well for us.

/ L2350 #6  
My neighbor has a L2350 which I borrowed this Spring and put 13 hours on it. His machine has just over 1000 hours and the loader and everything else is tight as new. Yes it had power steering and turf tires. It was a rugged machine for moving sand/dirt and boxblading, never spun a tire but did try to bog a couple times. I think it bogged because to me the high range is too fast and the low range is too low (takes forever to back up) so I kept it in high range. After having rented a couple shuttle shift tractors over the past few years I have to say getting back on a non-synchro manual trans was painful however. It was also very aggravating to climb over the gear lever each time off and on, felt like my legs were tangled every time. I suppose to one without comparisons however they are fine, they get the job done, just slower for back and forth than shuttles or hydros.

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td1292.html