Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #1  

Ewang207

Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST, Troy Built 16hp LT
Do any of you know if Kubota tractors come from the factory with UDT or Super UDT oil ?

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #2  
According to the <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> Field Tech that I talked to. They come with Super UDT oil.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #3  
dosen't it depend on when the tractor was produced. if a deaer has had one sitting around i'm not so sure. when i asked my dealer they asked when i bought it. not sure if i am right or wrong /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #4  
The statement came from conversations in 2001 and 2002. We were talking about a 2000 tractor. I have not heard that it has changed.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #5  
It depends on the tractor. The BX series come wet from the factory with Super UDT installed. If the tractor is shipped dry and in a crate, then the dealer will install what ever they feel is proper for them. I know of a Kubota dealer that doesn't even stock Kubota fluids since he is also a NAPA dealer. Other Kubota dealers that are dual branded dealerships might use fluids from the other brand if it is less expensive. The best way to know what is installed in your Kubota tractor is to ask the selling dealer if the tractor was shipped wet or dry. If it was shipped dry, then ask what brand and type of fluid they installed. There is no correct answer for a question like this that has so many variables.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #6  
I'm not sure what came in my BX2200 (purchased in 2000), but when I had it in for service recently, I asked svc. mgr. to be sure to put Super UDT in when changing fluid. He said, "What in the world for?" I replied that the owners manual says so and most guys on TBN recommend it. He told me that since our annual temperature range is normally from 30 to 111 degrees (though I have seen as low as 17 here and as high as 115), they always just put in UDT. He said, "Unless you live up in the Sierra where it gets pretty cold, there's just no real reason you need the Super. You're just spending extra money with no added benefit." Based on that, I went ahead with the regular.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #7  
He gave you good advise. Unless you live in a area where very low temperatures are sustained for weeks on end, like in New England, there is no reason to use Super UDT. With the BX, there is reason to use UDT vs. other brands, since for some unknown reason other fluids brands will effect the performance of the tractor. I have no explanation for this other than the experience of others posted on these forums.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #8  
This is understandable. It does make me curious as to who wrote the owners' manual which says that only Super UDT should be used, and how many knowledgeable people vetted that manual before it was approved for publication. It seems that a manual written by knowledgeable writers and approved by engineers and editors would say the same thing my svc. mgr. did.

On the other hand, I wonder whether a profit minded executive may have ordered the writers to say that just because they make more $ on the Super. Neil Messick, if you read this, what's your opinion?

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #9  
on the Kubota website and the same as my manual on my bx22.

Transmission Oil (KUBOTA SUPER UDT *1):
KUBOTA Original Transmission hydraulic fluid. The oil used to lubricate the transmission is also used as hydraulic fluid. To insure proper operation of the hydraulic system and complete lubrication of the transmission, it is important that a multi-grade transmission fluid be used in this system. We recommend the use of KUBOTA UDT or SUPER UDT fluid for optimum protection and performance. (Consult your KUBOTA dealer for further detail.)
Do not mix different brands together.

It states "recommend". To me that is nothing short of advertising. My Lexus dealer states the same stuff that I should use there oil, their brake fluid, there ATF, there service for oil changes....We are $$$ for them.

/ Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT #10  
I have Kubota publication F-11475: Operator's Manual: Kubota Tractor Models BX1800 BX2200. Page 39 has a table of lubricants. Line 4 says: "Transmission case: 10.1L (2.7 U. S. gals.): KUBOTA SUPER UDT fluid*." The footnote reads: "KUBOTA SUPER UDT***KUBOTA Original Transmission hydraulic fluid". A further note reads, "Transmission oil: The oil used to lubricate the transmission is also used as hydraulic fluid. To insure proper operation of the hydraulic system and complete lubrication of the transmission, it is important that a multi-grade transmission fluid be used in this system. We recommend the use of KUBOTA SUPER UDT fluid for optimum protection and performance. (Consult your local KUBOTA dealer for further detail.) Do not mix different brands or grades."

As I said before, my manual does not offer regular UDT as an option. It clearly states that SUPER UDT is to be used. No mention is made of regular UDT being an acceptable fluid. Again, I am wondering why this is so. It appears that Kubota reworded things between my tractor and yours. Very interesting; I wonder what the story is on this.