B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #1  

brucelud

My wife and I are in the process of buying an 8 acre farmette in West Virginia. Half of the property is grass and half woods.

I have been reading through this forum for a few weeks and between the advice here and my research, I have narrowed my choices to the Kubota B7510 Turf Special and the B7610, both with 60 inch mowers.

The price difference between the two with a 60 MMM is about $2,000, partially made up from the fact that the B7610 has a more substantial mower deck.

My concern is that the B7510 turf special 60" deck does not appear to allow the rear wheels to be spread to their widest stance because the deck wheels interfere with the rear tractor wheels. The dealer told me this and showed me the tractor with the deck attached. Sure enough, The deck wheels were in the way.

I thought that I had seen someone else address this, but I couldn't find the post. Is there a way to adjust the deck forward to make the deck wheels clear the rear wheels? If not, does the 54" deck for the B7510 turf special have the same issue?

The dealer said that the wheels on the more expensive RKB60-24B deck will clear the rear wheels, but that deck will cost me another $1,000 which I can use for another implement or toward fixing up this place.

Thanks,

Bruce

ps: This forum has been a great aid in helping me with my selection. Thanks to everyone.

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #2  
I have a B7510 turf special and the wheels are set on the inside mounts. It does look like the deck wheels would hit the rear tires if the rear wheels were moved to the outside. I guess you could take the deck wheels off since this is a suspended deck and is not designed to ride along the ground. I did not want the deck that rides on the ground because I have a St Augustine lawn that will die if you look at it sideways.

Mike

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else remember a previous discussion on this topic or do you know of another way to handle the deck wheels hitting the rear wheels?

Although I will have a slight hill to work on, is this really something that I should be concerned with?

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #4  
I posted a question with similar concerns with an L3130 with R-4 tires not giving ample clearance for the MMM. It was confirmed by another member that the two were not compatable. Could that be the post your referring to?

Thanks for the response,

I don't think that your post was the one. I think that I saw it earlier in the spring.

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #6  
I JUST bought an 8 acre home with about the same layout as yours and am looking at the 7510 also. Did you find a decent dealer and what kind of prices (if you dont mind me asking) are you seeing. I am heading out tomorrow to Cross Lanes and Milton to price one out and see what the dealers are like.
Good luck

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #7  
I paid around $13,800 with LA302 FEL, 60" MMM, and 48" box blade. This was the price before tax. My price seems to be fairly consistent with the other decent deals I have seen on this unit.

Mike

Code54

There are a number of dealers in the area. I checked prices on the B7510 and B7610 at a dealer across the line in PA and he told me that I would not have to pay WV sales tax if I bought from him. Then I checked at one of the local WV dealers and the WV dealer's price was so much lower that it covered the WV tax and still beat the PA dealer by several hundred dollars.

The price I got on the turf special locally was about $11,000 with 60" suspended deck and the dealer said that he would swap the turf tires for R4's at no extra charge. My only hang up concerns my original question about being able to move the rear wheels out with the 60" suspended MMM deck on the tractor. With the suspended deck, it just doesn't appear that it will allow it. (If anyone out there can help me, I would be glad to hear from you.)

As far as I know and from what the dealer told me, the more costly (add $1,000) 60" floating deck will clear the wheels. It will cost me another $1,000 to move up to the B7610.

A front end loader adds between $2,800 and $3,200 depending upon the model.

The dealer who I have been working with appears to be several hundred dollars higher than some of the quotes that I have seen on this site, but in addition to swapping the tires, he said that if I buy a FEL, he will fill the rear tires and weld a reinforcement and hook-up ring to the top of the bucket at no additional charge. He said that he would also bring the tractor and attachments to my site, show me and actually help me remove and attach each implement so I know how to do it safely, and he would spend some time with me showing me the best ways to operate the tractor and the implements. I think that that kind of service is worth the extra money.

Its still hard to decide between the B7510 turf special or the B7610 with floating deck. The $2,000 difference would pay the sales tax and pay for the rear blade and brush hog that I am also planning on getting.

/ B7510 Turf Special Mower Deck #9  
I looked at my tractor again yesterday to see if their were any adjustment that could be made to pull the deck forward. It does not appear that this can happen. I also looked at the axles and how much further the wheels could be pulled out. It looks like their might only be 2 inches or so that the wheels could be moved out. I am sure that the 4 inches total would add some stability. It does appear on my tractor that I can move the wheels out one hole but not out two holes to the end. As far as the deck goes, like I said earlier, I did not want the deck that rode along the ground. My grass is very susceptable to contact damage and will die if you look at it wrong. I like the suspended deck better than the more expensive deck that rides along the ground. I would save the two G's for beer and diesel fuel.

Mike

Haneyrm

Thanks for your help regarding the mower decks. Maybe I am being a little cautious, but being a novice, I want to make sure that I make the right choice and I am happy with it.

Our grass here isn't so particular, but then our lawns don't look like the ones that you have in Florida, either.

I don't drink much beer anymore, but with the price of fuel constantly increasing, you have a point there, too.

Thanks!!