How much $$ for a front-mount blower ??

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #1  

Skidmark25

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610
I have a B7610HST and am considering a front mounted blower for this winter. I think it's a BX2750B and I'll need the sub-frame etc, already have the FEL valve (I think it uses the same valve)

I was quoted $2,850 from my local dealer not installed, but it doesn't look too bad to install.

Anyone have an opinion on aftermarket front mount blowers?

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #2  
I am not aware of aftermarket FRONT mount blowers. Typically a front mount blower is almost twice the price of a 3pt hitch mounted snow blower. Your price doesn't sound out of line to me, but if you are not in a heavy snow area, and if price is an issue, and if you don't mind driving backwards, you could buy a 60" 3pt blower for probably $1400 to $1800.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #3  
I was quoted $2900 WITH the valve included, which was supposed be be $500 dollars of that $2900 cost. Not sure if the loader valve is compatible to the snowblower or not.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #4  
I just called my dealer for the blower and quicktach frame that fits the BX23, I'm not sure if that is the same one or not. I was quoted $2,600 delivered to my home and installed on my tractor. I have the FEL so no valve is needed or in that price.

While there they are going to do my 50 hour service for free. Maybe not the best price but it works for me.

Hope that helps.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #5  
tobypineo . . . I checked your profile and saw 5.6 acres. I would go with the larger of your two choices.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #6  
You need the 4-way valve for snowblower operation. Check the valve part number with your dealer to determine if you have the 3-way or 4-way valve.

BTW, the actual cost difference between the valves is $50 and both will work fine with your FEL. If you got the wrong one see if you can trade it in for the correct one.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #7  
I paid 3000.00 for my snowblower when I bought the tractor last fall. It is the 2781 model so it would be a bit more money than you were quoted. That was including the sub frame. I was able to use the loader valve. Doesn't sound like a bad price to me.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ??
Regarding the valve, I was told that the blower would only go up and down so why would I need a 4 way valve?

How can one tell the difference between 3 way & 4 way?

looking at the FEL valve it has four hoses coming out and it looks like there is a space for 2 more hoses on the bottom of the valve body, does this make any sense??

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #9  
You don't need the 4-way if you never plan to angle any attachment. If all you want to do is go up/down and or roll forward/backward then either valve will work. The part number for the 3-way is B2006 and B2007 for the 4-way. There is a tag on the valve with this information.

If you want to understand the difference between the 3/4 way/position valve take a look at the link below.

3-way vs 4-way valve description

The FEL valve should have 7 hoses, no more, no less. Four hoses are for the valve's work ports and they go to the loader's cylinders. The other 3 hoses are for the hydraulic circuit, one is for the pressure in, one is the power beyond, and the other is the return to tank line. There are no other connections possible or provided for on these valves.

/ How much $$ for a front-mount blower ?? #10  
That seems to be a pretty good price to me .... I checked on the 60+ inch front-mount blower for my B2910 and I think it was approaching $5K by the time you had all the components figured in .....

I just bought a used (last season only) 60 inch Buhler Farm King 3PH rear-mount for $1300 .... it had a few places where the paint had been ground off from gravel but otherwise the pain looked near showroom quality.