Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #1  

tommm

hello I'm looking to buy a B-7510 HST tractor and am just wondering what people who own this tractor have to say about it. any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #2  
I was just to a fair over this last week end and looked at this very tractor and it looks great. BUT I do own a GC 2310 and I realy like it al so.....

So many good tractors and never enoght money for them all

DougM

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #3  
I've got about 20 hours on mine, so far it's been great. The only thing I haven't been able to do with it is lift a huge stump that was around 6-7' long and a good 4-5' thick - it's a massive stump, it was already loose and laying on the ground. I was able to push it around where I needed though so not being able to lift it didn't prevent me from moving it.

What do you need the tractor for or plan on using it for? It's a good rig, but not necessarily the best choice depending on the job.

John

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #4  
I've had my B7510HST with FEL since mid-June. Have about 20 hours on it. No problems. It does what I need to do on my 10-acre parcel. We've had two months of 100+ temperatures here and I've had no problems working the tractor in that heat. A sunshade really helps.

IMHO the FEL is mandatory. Without it the tractor has pulling capability, but no significant lifting capabilty (disregarding the minor lifting you can get with the 3PH). I was surprised at the uses for the FEL. A few days ago I bought a used Yanmar RS1200 rototiller. Brought it home in the bed of my F150. Hooked it to the FEL with a few chains and lifted it out of the pickup and set it on a dolly in the garage with no problem.

BTW, if you're a newby to tractors like myself and have a nice concrete slab for your equipment, I find that constructing a few simple 2x4 dollies with metal wheel casters ($3.50 each at Home Depot) for the implements makes hooking up to the 3PH a snap. Instead of jockeying the tractor around and aggravating yourself, you park the tractor on the slab and move the implement to the 3PH. Problem solved. I have dollies for the 48" KK brush hog, the 48" KK box blade and for the rototiller.

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #5  
I have found the B7510 to be a great all around machine to own. It is inexpensive to operate and has tackled everything I have thrown at it. I cleared a large section of woods yesterday in about an hour. It would have taken days by hand. The front end loader is the most useful tool I own. I buried the tractor up to the axles yesterday and if it was not for the front end loader, it would still be sitting in the woods. I was very nervous but the loader pushed the tractor out of the gumbo no problem. I would have had to wait for the dry season to get it out if the loader was not installed. Buy with confidence and plan on it being around for a while. My dealer threw out numbers of 25 years and 10,000 hours is what I should expect out of it trouble free with my use. I would go through 20 Sears "tractors" in that time frame.

Mike

/ Planning on buying B-7510 HST customersatisfaction #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My dealer threw out numbers of 25 years and 10,000 hours is what I should expect out of it trouble free with my use. I would go through 20 Sears "tractors" in that time frame. )</font>

Hey Mike, hope he gave you that in writing. 25 years, probably do that easy....but 10k hours? Is that running or sitting with the engine off but key on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know big excavators and huge commercial equipment can do that, but wonder about these CUTs?

BTW...those small Sears riders I might agree with, and before I owned a Sears “garden tractor” I thought the same. But I have a Craftsman with an 18HP Kohler 6speed high/low manual trans 44” deck I’ve been cutting 2.5 acres with for 13 years and it’s still going. Replaced one deck, 4-5 mandrels, belts several times, engine oil seals about 4 times (BIG PAIN), magneto once, spark plugs once in 13 years (at least 1300 hrs), brass bearing in the steering this year, front tires (rears are original) and that’s about it. I never imagined it would make it this far and it’s far from dead. Thing is I absolutely abuse it more than it was ever intended. My property has many trees that are always being cut down and the Craftsman has been used to drag the trunks even though it doesn’t have enough traction (logs I couldn't pull I rented or borrowed bigger machines). I have used a chain and got a running start and yanked the logs until they move. I’ve done this yanking down fence posts, trees, also get a running start and smash into logs to force them into a fire pile....I’ve done this literally thousands of times and it still has never broken anything....to my frustration....it’s hard to explain to the wife why I NEED a new mower and tractor. She sees a manicured lawn and wonders why I need a new one! Granted the Craftsman isn’t a "real" tractor and the traction is very limited for pulling, and no loader really makes life hard, but to someone who only cuts grass and doesn’t absolutely torture it like I do.....I would imagine if they can put up with no frills (power steering 4wd etc) the Craftsman would probably last forever. Fact is when I buy a bigger machine I intend to keep the thing around for tight spots.

Hey speaking of prices going down....it was reported here on TBN early last year the “new” B7510 Turf Special had a suggested list price of $10,200. Several people said they had confirmed that through Kubota. If that is true, and if buyers are getting 15-18% off list, wonder if we'll see Turf Specials selling for $8700-8400?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=buykubota&Number=624016&Forum=buykubota&Words=Turf%20Special&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=623912&Search=true#Post624016

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=buykubota&Number=617604&Forum=buykubota&Words=Turf%20Special&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=617604&Search=true#Post617604