B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500???

/ B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500??? #1  

Briar

New here, wondering if this sounds like a good deal or not. I don't really "need" the backhoe right now... but I'm sure I could find some use for it. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks

/ B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500??? #2  
Briar,
I purchased a B2150DT (gear drive 4wd) with Kubota FEL and finish mower for $8K. It had 635 hrs. I thought i got a good deal. Would you consider selling the backhoe? I'd like to have one. e-mail me directly at jdrotert@nothnbut.net.

/ B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500??? #3  
Briar,

Tried to get wife to allow me to get tractor with loader. Never got permission.

Stumbled onto an industrial backhoe/loader and she essentially "MAKES" me buy it (???) (seriously)

I had typically thought that a backhoe "might" be something interesting to have...of some beneficial uses...

Today, almost a year later I find that the hoe gets probably 80% of the usage and I can't really imagine having some machine without a hoe on the back.

Not only can the hoe work as a fancy wheel barrow similar to loader...but being articulated, can get into more complicated spaces than I can get my loader.

I can almost assure you that you will find some (many) uses for it should you keep it.

Richard

/ B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500??? #4  
Many factors aside from hours will affect the 'deal' ... starting with:

- Transmission (HST (hydrostatic) = higher value; DT (gear) = lower value)
- Make/Model of Attachments (3rd party = lower value; Kubota LA350A loader and BL4690 backhoe = higher value)
- Tires (R1 (ag), R3 (turf), or possibly R4 (industrial) if retrofitted, those would increase the value over R1 or R3)
- Condition
- Previous use
- Service history

Carefully inspect a tractor like this, perhaps even by a professional if you don't have a lot of experience with compact tractors. I covered a fair bit about buying a used tractor and what to look for when doing a visual inspection yourself, in my book Compact Tractor Buying & Basics ...

Best of luck,

msig.gif

/ B2150 TLB w/ 1500hrs for $12,500??? #5  
Briar,

Same here... If you are interested in selling the backhoe, let me know. Where are you located? I also have a B2150HST with bi-speed turn. Paid $13,000 w/60" belly mower & 6 ft blade. It only had 40 hours on it though. It was virtually brand new. The guy kept in his garage and washed & WAXED it every time he was done using it.

Thanks, Tim Pratzer pratzert@bcpl.net