L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #1  

Deere3120

Silver Member
I was reccomended by the dealer as this being the best choice for my needs. It seems for have more lifting capacity then the 300cx deere and 448 backhoe. My question is this a good tractor? Any problems? I was quoted a price of 28,300.00 in NH is that a good price? I really wanted the JD3720 but I can not justify spending 6 grand more for more HP when I don't need it. Please let me know your oppions.

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #2  
The L3130 is one of the most posted about tractors from <font color="orange"> Kubota </font>. Lots of power and options in a package. Your price is good for a L3130HST, LA723 FEL, and BH90. I would recommend the Skid Steer quick coupler and 66" bucket. be included with that price.
If you want to boost power a L3430 is the same tractor with more horsepower.
Do a search for L3130 here on TBN for more information. Be sure to change "Date Range" to a setting grater than "newer than one week".

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #3  
It's a very good tractor. I have one with the same attachments, if your looking at the 723 loader which it sounds like you are. I have my tires loaded for times the BH90 is off, which the factory doesn't recommend in conjunction with the BH90. If you have allot of hills and are loaded like I am, the 3430 or the 3830 would be better choices. I know that now. But I have learned to do just fine with the 3130. The larger HP in that series is better either for my weight configuration, or if you have demanding PTO requirements. Otherwise, the 3130 has plenty of power. I paid less than your quote about a year ago and I understand they are up about 1,500.00 now, which puts your quote near dead on what I paid.

I went Kubota for the same reasons you cite.

Good Luck

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #4  
Ron,

I agree. Forgot to mention in the earlier post, I did get the quick attach and the 72" standard duty bucket in my package. Also forgot to mention that included, the 84" Woods rear blade, and a rear remote plumbed to the FEL. Pulling my invoice reminded me of them. Maybe that price he is quoted is just fair? However, I'm not sure if the $1,500.00 price increase discussed at the first of this year is still holding now. Everything else sure is going up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question
I don't have any hills in my area, But how much more do you think the 3430 is? I would like to keep this whole deal under 30,000.00. Is filling the rear tires needed?

Also do they come with a Mid PTO? I will be using a snowblower at some point and need to know if it comes standard? Also what size bucket for the hoe do they give you? I need a 24". You guys have been a great help thanks for the fast replies?

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #8  
Standard size bucket for the backhoe is 18" but I got a 24" at no extra cost. I have the same configuration - l3130HST, LA723FEL and BH90. I wondered about the 3430 but couldn't quite square the extra $2k CAN for an additional 2.6hp. The 3430 seems to have had each pot bored out 4mm more than the 3130 to give it the extra hp but in every other respect they're identical. There have been some postings to the effect that torque is as important/more important than hp and I'd be interested in hearing views of anyone who has tried both the 3130 and 3430 then settled for the 3430.

Think the 3130 will be ok for me. I may want to run a snowblower from time to time? Or should I spring for the 3430. Rather not spend more then I have to. WHAT ABOUT MID PTO TO?

/ L3130 With BH90 Backhoe And Loader Question #10  
Mid PTO didn't come standard on the L3130 but I believe it can be fitted as an e/o. I went for a rear finishing mower.

Now, I wish I'd tried both the L3130 and L3430 with at least a loader fitted. I'd have liked to be able to run them both up a fairly steep hill and see what sort of difference there was. At the time I thought the cost to bore out 3 clinders by 4mm each a rip off. However, someone has since mentioned that the 3430 has a turbo but I didn't check if this is the case or not. My tractor had already been delivered.