Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply?

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply? #1  

OrangeAlex

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
Hello,

It seems that Kubota has decided to replace the 6 ply AG/R1 front tires found on some L/GL tractors with 4 ply tires. I was lucky enough to have the 6 ply put on (my L3130) because my dealer has inventory but I am told that the new front tires they are delivering are 4 ply. Rears have not changed, they were 4 ply and are staying that way. They were 6 in front/ 4 in back. Now going to be 4 in front and back? Anyone one know if this is true that can confirm or deny? Are they trying to save some costs here? Putting 4 ply fronts on something like an Grand L with its strong front loader seems like a mistake.

-Alex

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply? #2  
How do you like it? Did you get a backhoe and soft cab?

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply?
do I like it or not? I guess my answer would be a bit biased so I wont bother generating a response ;-)

My machine is mostly used in the woods to clear brush. So I did not need or want a cab. I really wanted the BH90 backhoe but could not justify it for $7500. My use for it would be occasional mostly stump removal and light trenching. Instead, I got a Markham Welding Grubber bucket for the FEL for around $350 to do this work. Think of it as a shovel for the FEL. About 14" wide in front with 3 teeth, and tappers out towards the back. About 3 feet deep. For jobs where I need to do serious digging, which does not happen often, I will just rent an excavator. $7000 savings will go a long way.

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply? #4  
I bought a L3130 in November 2004 and it has 4 ply front and rear tires. The manual says it has 6 ply front tires????? It doesn't. I guess Kubota is still making the same $$$ and paying less for the tires. More profit is what it sounds like.
I keep my tires at maximum pressure because when I lift a heavy load with the loader the front tires look almost flat. When the tires wear out I will replace them with better tires. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curt

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply? #5  
It's all about the money. Yet I will tell you 4 ply tires are good also.

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply?
It is in the dealer spec books. They used to use Goodyear's in front which are 6 ply. Firestone in back which are 4. This was done explicately because of the strong front loader.

/ Kubota changing front AG/R1 tires from 6 to 4 ply? #7  
I just got my L3400 and it has the 6 ply Goodyears on the front (Ag tires).