How do you get rid of leaves.

/ How do you get rid of leaves. #21  
If you're willing to do the raking by hand, one way to deal with the resulting piles was discussed in the "One Large Scoop Please..." thread.

HarvSig.gif

/ How do you get rid of leaves. #22  
Pretty cool contraption & thinking.

Could you make it out of marine grade plywood? That way, outside storage could be one issue struck from the list.
(I presume someone has thought of this though)

Richard

/ How do you get rid of leaves. #23  
<font color=blue>Could you make it out of marine grade plywood?</font color=blue>

I think that's a very good idea, whether you plan to store it outdoors or not. Fact is, it's going to get wet sooner or later, so you might as well plan for it.

When you get right down to it, it's just a gol' dern box, so it's wide open as to what materials to use. I work with wood, so wood is my choice. The other considerations are durability (light loads, sure, but it's going to get banged around), storage (it's bulky, so maybe it should be collapsable) and as you point out, Richard, weatherproofing.

I hope to build a more permanent version soon -- just need more hours in the day and days in the week. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ How do you get rid of leaves. #24  
Marine grade? Not a good choice unless you want to paint it.

Most places you can get treated ply - good for wet - cheaper, and doesn't need painting.