Is there a Blue Book for tractors?

/ Is there a Blue Book for tractors? #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
Hi, Is there any blue book or website about what a tractor would be worth? Would the bank have this information on what my tractor is worth?

Thanks, Terry

/ Is there a Blue Book for tractors? #2  
I think a Blue Book would be appropriate on the NH board, but maybe not here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, while talking with my friend at the JD store the other day and explaining to him about which Kubota I have, he looked in a fairly large paperback to find it. It has prices in it, but there are so many old tractors around, so many brands, so many ways to have them set up, so many models and variations, etc. that the thing was about 8 1/2 X 11 and 2 1/2 inches thick. I didn't ask the name of it, but you might find something on one of the book selling sites.

/ Is there a Blue Book for tractors? #3  
Yes, there is a blue book for tractors. It's official name is "The Official Tractor Blue Book."It is published by Primedia. Their phone number is 800-654-6776 and their email address is primediabooks.com. I bought the 2005 edition (don't remember the cost) from Amazon.com and it covers models from 1939 to 2004. Information includes; Approximate Retail Price New, Used trade-in value (average/high), Used retail (average/high), engine make, # of cylinders, cu-in.,# of speeds, pto horsepower, approximate shipping weight and whether the model has a cab or not. I have found that it has some holes in it but all in all, it is a very useful reference. Hope this helps. Magrred

/ Is there a Blue Book for tractors? #4  
In my area the banks refer to Iron Solutions for book values of tractors, construction, and farm equipment. You can find them here:

http://www.ironguides.com/