B7510 Turf Special

/ B7510 Turf Special #1  

MowHoward

Okay, I have been driving myself nuts with this for a month now. So far, bought an L2800 gear and cancelled as a single stage clutch and pretty bad for mowing. Emailed Kubota and they are convinced no problem, but I don't think so. Decided to go with an L2800 HST and when I saw this beast with a loader I decided that it was too big from my 3 acres of mowing and chores. Looked at the B7800 and nice size, but as much as the L3400 Gear with two stage clutch which bothers me. Finally, located a B7510 turf special that the dealer didn't want to sell me for an elevated price. Here is my question. Always had a rear finish mower and I liked it and easy to use. The mid mount mower on the turf special looks at best complex. Anyone have one who can comment on the ease of removal...Dealers always say, no problem. Also, how hard is it to get back on. Is this a good mowing machine for 3 acres of finish mowing. I really like the L2800, but afraid it is just to big for my needs and won't fit in the garage with the loader on. The **** loader is big.

Thanks
Mow

/ B7510 Turf Special #2  
The 7510 turf special should be a great machine for 3 acres. Unless you intend to pop the mower off every day I cannot imagine it is significantly more hassle than dealing with a 3pt attachment RFM. As it can be raised out of the way, you can also just leave it on most of the time.

/ B7510 Turf Special #3  
If I were you, I'd visit the dealer and check out the MMM myself rather than relying on anyone's opinions/experience. Talk to the technicians/mechanics there to get the straight skinny on the MMM. AFter all, you will be turning the wrenches when (and if) you decide to remove the MMM.

I have a B7510HST with ag tires, no MMM. Seems to me that getting the PTO connected would be the most difficult step when attaching the MMM to the tractor. IRRC, the MMM comes with 4 wheels, so if you're doing the installation on a concrete floor it should be easier to move the MMM around to get it connected. I made dollies for my 3pt implements to make it easier to attach them (you move the implement instead of the tractor).

/ B7510 Turf Special #4  
MowHoward -

I have the similar sized B7610 - and have come up with a little trick that makes getting the MMM in-/ out- from under the CUT much easier. Connecting it up is not too bad - maybe 10 minutes start to finish - removing goes quicker - bit over 5 minutes.

Take a look at the pictures on my website: MMM Installation / Removal - this shows how I do it.

BTW - with my 54" MMM - I mow @ 2 acres in @ 1 hour.

Hope that helps,

Dan

/ B7510 Turf Special #5  
I almost went with the Turf Special. It has the ground clearance I liked and a full floating MMM which I also liked. I was all set to go with one but ended up going with a BX23 w/60" MMM at the 11th hour. Something about the BH caught my eye /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No regrets at all with going with the BX23 but then again I'm sure I wouldn't have had any with the Turf Special either.

The ride is better on the B7510 tho... Those taller tires must absord the jar'ing better.

Volfandt

/ B7510 Turf Special #6  
I was down to the turf special vs. BX 23 and went BX. The turf special deck uses a unique mounting system when compared to most mmm. It makes adding the backhoe a real pain according to my dealer. Since a backhoe was a necessity, I went BX. I would look at the regular 7610, 7510, or 7800. Or the BX.

/ B7510 Turf Special #7  
I have 1 1/2 acres and I have a B7500 that does all the work in the yard. The RCK54-75B Mower Deck (Which is the same type of mower deck that comes on the Turf Special except that it is only 54" wide) is a great mower deck. I feel it is very easy to take off in my garage. But I found some type of slippery plastic I believe it is the stuff that children use to slide down a hill in the summer. This stuff work great!! Unroll the stuff, slide it under the tractor, roll the mower deck on the plastic and then slide the deck under the tractor.

About Tractor choices, I can tell you I made a lot of bad decisions and I learned from them.

My 1st tractor was a New Holland 1320 and it was too heavy for mowing. it tore up the turf and made ruts pretty bad so I sold it.

I purchased a Kubota BX2200. It was ok for mowing but in soft ground I just kept getting it stuck. It just did not have the ground clearance. It had all the problems associated BX series tractors and then some. So I sold it.

I purchased the Kubota B7500 after that experiance and all I can say is I LOVE IT!!! Not one mechanical problem with this one. A matter of fact no problems at all. The weight is about the same as the BX series tractors so it is easy on turf. I have not got it stuck at all. It mowes the lawn as good as the BX2200.

For my use the B7500 (which is the same as the B7510 except it does not have updated lights, electric shutoff, safety shutoffs, and 1/4 inching) is a great tractor and that B series tractor has been built for a long time and has a good track record to show.

Read the posts on BX or B #758761 starting on 10/22/05 at 04:32 PM. I believe you will find some useful information.

/ B7510 Turf Special #8  
I ran a B7500 for 5 seasons before jumping up to a B3030. The 7500/7510 is a proven tractor, perfect match for 3 acres. They run great, offer a nice little loader, and they are real good on fuel.

/ B7510 Turf Special #9  
How about asking the dealer/salesman to personally demonstrate putting the mmm on and off -- starting with the tractor sitting away from the mmm and ending up the same? Not a tech who does it all the time, but the sales guy. Then you'd know what was involved and how long it takes.

/ B7510 Turf Special #10  
This is apparently the position control valve on a B2410.
Position Control valve

Anyone know if it’s all that would be needed to change a B7510 quarter inching into position control?

I looked at the parts breakdowns on each model and it appears the B7510 and B2410 share the same transmission. From what I can tell this is the main difference between quarter inching and position control ?????????

My point being....if one can add this simple bolt on valve and a Koyker 120 loader (lifts to 85”) to a B7510, you have a pretty darn nice machine....now if you could also order the UK rear discharge MMM or better yet, Kubota built a suspended rear discharge deck.....this is a machine I would definitely buy.
specs on Koyker 120 loader

Koyker 120 loader specs from their page

A while back on TBN a poster had a link to parts schematics from tractorsmart on Kubota which I was able to download several complete models. Sorry to say it doesn’t work any longer. Sure would be nice if Kubota would allow us to look at parts breakdowns for everything, it sure answers a lot of questions when you want to compare one model to another to see if parts are the same.