All of you considering buying a Kubota...

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #1  

solo169

Tractor
2006 Kubota L2800
or I should say, financing a new Kubota. Are you feeling pressured now. With only about 5 business days before their current financing offers end (2yrs at 0%-6yrs at 5%) I haven't yet decided on the L2800 or L3400 or even the L3130 but I'm feeling pressure due to a possible interest rate hike? Anyone know what promotions they are going to offer next?

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #2  
I think that the interest rates are designed to put a bit of pressure on you.

I went to see the L3400 and thought that I'd look around a bit more after and take some time. When I got to the dealer, I was happy with the price and the machine and had done enough research to know that it would be the machine I would buy.

The fact that 0% for 3 years was expiring that day and who knew what the new rates would be for the next month, prompted me to sign the deal right then. It was a win/win for Kubota, the dealer and me. I got a great finance rate and Kubota and a dealer got a quick deal while I was in the store.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #3  
Solo: Wish I had some finance answers for you but I don't.

I was over to the Bota dealer last month shopping around....heard they were coming out with a new BX24 so decided to wait it out & see what they look like.

I casually mentioned to the salesman what are the new finance deals going to be? He said he didn't know...but replied they've always got some type of financing going. Now wether or not the 0% financing applies to the model you're considing...well, that's going to be a guess until they actually say what models get the 0%/36

Fortunately for me I can afford to wait...others may need a tractor right away and not be so lucky.

Can't wait to see the new BX24 though. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jon

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #4  
I think it is not only Kubota, but all the brands that offer special financing deals more or less continuously. When one offer expires, another comes along.

Keep in mind, too, that the 0% for 36 months price is liable to be higher than you could negotiate if you have cash, at least here. That's been said to me by every dealer when I just asked for a ballpark price on a machine. You might want to do the math with a home equity loan being your source of funds for a cash deal on the tractor, just for giggles. Then you wouldn't feel pressured to buy before you really have your mind made up.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Keep in mind, too, that the 0% for 36 months price is liable to be higher than you could negotiate if you have cash, at least here. )</font>

This is not true, With Kubota there is no difference to the dealer if you pay cash or finance. This is not the case with all lines, some charge the dealer a fee to offer lower rates.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #6  
I will bow to your professional experience and hopefully be able to attribute my erroneous statement to the many dealers I have talked with in the past several months. It just seems everyone has some kind of deal that is not going to last long and most of them have some kind of cash discount going on, too.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #7  
I have to agree with Neil. When I was negotiating the recent purchase of my L3430 I spoke with my dealer about cash vs. financing. My Kubota dealer indicated that it did not affect the purchase price of the tractor because there is no incentive or negativity for the dealer when a customer pays with full payment or finances the purchase through Kubota.

Jim

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #8  
Wasn't the case in Canada for sure. I was offerred 0% for 3 years or $750 off. When I did the math I was still much better off with the 0%.

The deals here change monthly. Last month they had the 0% for 3 years on the L3400 but previous months they did not so I jumped on it. Unfortunately along with having to pay more for the machines than our cousins in the U.S. we don't get the good deals on financing you guys get on a regular basis.

I'm sure there was a time in the past that tractors were a bargain up here when the US dollar was stronger.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota...
I still have a couple of days before the finacing rates expire. I don't know if the dealer was blowing smoke but he also mentioned the general tractor price increase takes effect on all Kubota models after the first of the year, which would make since to me.

/ All of you considering buying a Kubota... #10  
I was at one of the Kubota dealers today (Dec 26) and he pretty much assured me that there was no way he could get a machine ready before the end of the month to get in on the current financing. On the other hand he says that on January 2nd there should be some new finance deals on Kubota's website.

Still shopping around!
Jon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif