question about specs

/ question about specs #1  

Diesel_Boy

Silver Member
i'm looking at the specs for a b3030 on the kubota website. on the 3ph, they say the lift capacity at the lift point is 1655 lbs. 24 inches behind the lift point, it is 1676 lbs. doesn't make any sense. does anyone know what the true lift capacity is 24 inches behind the lift point? also, it gives specs on the tire size for the rear tires as "12.4-16". could someone explain exactly what these numbers refer to. thanks so much, and have a nice evening.

/ question about specs #2  
Just recently purchased a B3030 myself. As I understand, the lift capacity of the 3-point hitch is 2139 pounds at lift point and 1300 pounds 24 inches behind lift point. Also, my understanding of the tire size dimensions are as follows: the number "12.4" represents the nominal rim diameter (the diameter of the rim seat supporting the tire bead) and the number "16" represents the overall width of the tire (maximum width in cross section of the unloaded tire). Would be interested in knowing if these turn out to be different than I understand them to be.

/ question about specs #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i'm looking at the specs for a b3030 on the kubota website. on the 3ph, they say the lift capacity at the lift point is 1655 lbs. 24 inches behind the lift point, it is 1676 lbs. doesn't make any sense. does anyone know what the true lift capacity is 24 inches behind the lift point?)</font>

I've been wondering about that myself. It makes comparison shopping difficult. I figure that I'd have to contact Kubota directly to get the true skinny. Actually, now that I think about it, I have a brochure at home. I'll try to remember to check it tonight and see what it says - I just assumed that the website specs had a typo.

/ question about specs #4  
It's my understanding that "12.4" = width of tire, and the "16" is the wheel diameter. For ex. on older, larger models you would have 12.4 x 28, or 13.6 x 28. For them, the first # was width in inches, and the 2nd # was wheel diameter. A closely related common R4 size tire is the 12 x 16.5. These are 12" wide & have a 16.5" diameter rim. Overall tire height is around 33".

/ question about specs #5  
Diesel Boy, I saw that too. Looks like a typo, pure and simple. Funny thing is, the same exact misinformation exists on their website, where typos are quite easy to fix, if one cares to. One more reason I wish Kubota and other manufacturers would pay more attention to what we all have to say about things on this little website.

/ question about specs #6  
I think you're right...I had it completely backwards!! That's why this forum is so beneficial...always someone out there with more knowledge regardless of the topic at hand. Thanks for the clarification!